Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VH SLE Shadow Tone

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Nice, real nice. Hmmm now i like to get a set of V5 Simmons for my SL/E.

saladine1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 5.7
Probably look better with the silver centre mesh instead of the gold, but wanted to try something different.
The springs are King superlow front and back with shortened KYB shocks.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
actually I reckon I prefer the gold simmons
silver might look a bit bland IMO

Gold really looks good against the colour. If I had to choose, I'd go the gold as well

jayko42

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VG Ute, VL Berlina, HT 307 Ute
That looks awesome mate! Great to see a nice clean original looking VH. Those rims really match in too. I really want an early Commodore again now :( haha

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
That looks really nice mate, Its good you have left it looking original. should be really proud of the result :)

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
beautiful, this is identical to one on ebay about 3 weeks ago and disappeared real quick with the same motor specs. the one on ebay had a 253 originally which the owner keep and was offering in the sale to keep originality. this motor combo is what i would like to do with mine. what cam is in it. enjoy it. just love the cabernet colour

Last edited:

saladine1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 5.7
beautiful, this is identical to one on ebay about 3 weeks ago and disappeared real quick with the same motor specs. the one on ebay had a 253 originally which the owner keep and was offering in the sale to keep originality. this motor combo is what i would like to do with mine. what cam is in it. enjoy it. just love the cabernet colour

That's me mate!

I haven't been on any holiday in my entire life. I'm 36 years old and haven't even been interstate. I decided that I would like to go overseas and funds would've been needed to go hence the sale on ebay. That lasted 1 day as i just couldn't bear to see this go after so much work lol.
Who knows, perhaps the bottled up urge to leave will overcome the desire to keep the car...one day.

The cam is a Camtech custom grind- Hydraulic 237@50-524 lift-108 LSA.

Appreciate the comments fellas.

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
so your the man who was selling it. was excited when i saw it come up, not that i can afford another one. going to pick up an injected motor for my old girl tomorrow and strip it down for a rebuild to carby spec. i have vl heads and brock inlet waiting for the rebuild. just havent decided on cam yet but still want to be ablt to use standard auto setup. i want to save my original motor aswell, would hate to destroy it. nice work, would hope to see it around some day.
cheers jc

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
That's a credit to ya mate..
I quite like the gold wheels aswel.

Electrical work, Adelaide all areas.
Pm me.