Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vh

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
I really like the clean look of the outside of your VH.............. But for gods sakes GET A NEW FRONT BUMPER!!!!!

They're about $50 and would make your car look sooooo much neater!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
nah ill make a custom fan shroud

dunno if thisll help ya. but its pretty much what i did (from memory, may differ slightly)
shroud-1.jpg

couple of things that i tripped up on where:
the bottom. you need to have a nice angle so it can clear the rad support. the blue bit in the pic is the rad, and those pins sit down quite a lot further than i thought. i had to rework mine 3 times till i got enough room for the pins to slide into their grommets fully. so bear that in mind from the start and youll save heaps of time

reinforce the mounts for the fans! i used a flat sheet of 0.8mm steel which is about as thick as youll wanna go cos' even that width makes the whole shroud pretty heavy. but the problem was that the steel tended to bend inwards when the bolts were done up and it made really big gaps between the fan and the shroud. and the whole idea is to cover the ENTIRE radiator. if there is a small gap, you have wasted your time and shouldve just got a mondeo fan. so to counter it i ran 2 strips of 1mm steel all the way from passenger side to driver side, which tightened it right up.

and also watch the trans cooler lines. i know you have gone manual, but its a good idea to give them plenty of clearance, just in case.. i dunno, maybe you will go back auto again ;) who knows.

once its all finished i sikaflex'd the fans into the shroud, and ran a reall thick bead of sikaflax all the way around where the shroud sits on the radiator and then let it dry over night. once its fully dry, when you fit the shroud its a 100% perfect fit. no gaps. unlike mondeo or VT fan shrouds which have gaps and holes all over the place. apart from the added weight, these are 10000000 times better than a modified plastic one.

hope it helps ya.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Clean as mate, real nice.
Please put the Walkys back on, they look so much better then the current ones.

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
I really like the clean look of the outside of your VH.............. But for gods sakes GET A NEW FRONT BUMPER!!!!!

They're about $50 and would make your car look sooooo much neater!

hahaha yeh i no i pulled the rubber off because it was pretty much half hanging off iv been trying to find a decent condition vb one they have different rubbers on them and thanks its slowly getting there

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
dunno if thisll help ya. but its pretty much what i did (from memory, may differ slightly)
shroud-1.jpg

couple of things that i tripped up on where:
the bottom. you need to have a nice angle so it can clear the rad support. the blue bit in the pic is the rad, and those pins sit down quite a lot further than i thought. i had to rework mine 3 times till i got enough room for the pins to slide into their grommets fully. so bear that in mind from the start and youll save heaps of time

reinforce the mounts for the fans! i used a flat sheet of 0.8mm steel which is about as thick as youll wanna go cos' even that width makes the whole shroud pretty heavy. but the problem was that the steel tended to bend inwards when the bolts were done up and it made really big gaps between the fan and the shroud. and the whole idea is to cover the ENTIRE radiator. if there is a small gap, you have wasted your time and shouldve just got a mondeo fan. so to counter it i ran 2 strips of 1mm steel all the way from passenger side to driver side, which tightened it right up.

and also watch the trans cooler lines. i know you have gone manual, but its a good idea to give them plenty of clearance, just in case.. i dunno, maybe you will go back auto again ;) who knows.

once its all finished i sikaflex'd the fans into the shroud, and ran a reall thick bead of sikaflax all the way around where the shroud sits on the radiator and then let it dry over night. once its fully dry, when you fit the shroud its a 100% perfect fit. no gaps. unlike mondeo or VT fan shrouds which have gaps and holes all over the place. apart from the added weight, these are 10000000 times better than a modified plastic one.

hope it helps ya.

thanks bud nicely detailed image u got there im sure theres enough crap around my farthers work to make up something

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
Clean as mate, real nice.
Please put the Walkys back on, they look so much better then the current ones.

yess i do agree but at the moment im cleaning those wheels up i had to rub back all the clear on them because the clear coat was ####ed on em so ill be repainting them and getting new tyres all round so wont be to long

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202

and yess im still trying to get round to getting a new front bar :D