Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vh

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV sports wagon series 2
If you have a M20 don't bother putting it behind a 5tlr they are **** you would be better off with the 5 speed borg you have they are a great box. Not to sure about the 3.08 diff with the manual box the 3.08 is for an Auto how's that working for you. Manuals normally go the 3.36 but if you putting in a 5lt should be ok the six not going to like it though

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
what i did today

SLE EXTENTIONS

starting to put in the cream interior

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
once i have some poket change i will go and buy a new rubber for the bar and ill put the SLE extensions on the bar

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
My 1st and 2nd cars were VH's I have always liked the shape of them and they are the last of the Crome bumpers very sad :(
My 1st was cream Like yours to but I was 12 when I got it and I had a bit of time so it stripped it back and painted it Midnight Blue and put old school 5 spoke dragways on it only prob was with 225 on it, the wheel arches on the VH don't really take wide rims and I couldn't lower it as the guards would have chewed up my new rubber, so it sat at stock height.

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
My 1st and 2nd cars were VH's I have always liked the shape of them and they are the last of the Crome bumpers very sad :(
My 1st was cream Like yours to but I was 12 when I got it and I had a bit of time so it stripped it back and painted it Midnight Blue and put old school 5 spoke dragways on it only prob was with 225 on it, the wheel arches on the VH don't really take wide rims and I couldn't lower it as the guards would have chewed up my new rubber, so it sat at stock height.

ahh ok yeh im running 225's on the rear with lowered springs but ill soon get super lows and see how thatl go ill be soon to start repairing the doors and front guards ill be smoothing the door moulds out

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
With the 225s on the back the guards would rub only when I had 2 people in the back or if I hit a bump. I could see marks in the side wall of the tyre. Never lowered it the car got ridden off before I got there but I did grind the inner guards and it stopped rubbing after that. If You try that just be sure you don't grind to much as it's a double panel and you might go through the inner panel and then it will come away from the wheel arch!!!

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
With the 225s on the back the guards would rub only when I had 2 people in the back or if I hit a bump. I could see marks in the side wall of the tyre. Never lowered it the car got ridden off before I got there but I did grind the inner guards and it stopped rubbing after that. If You try that just be sure you don't grind to much as it's a double panel and you might go through the inner panel and then it will come away from the wheel arch!!!

nah its all good my dad a panel beater learnt a few things off him so ill have no problem

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
225's aren't a problem if the wheel offset is right & you fit an adjustable panhard rod.
I've got 225's on my VH, have had 2 big guys sitting in the back and it never scrubbed.