Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[202] my vk 202 NEEDS TLC

vkvn18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 202
hey guys, ive been avidly reading through the forums trying to get as much information on how to give my vk berlina black 202 carby fed with EST some more grunt on the road. i know its an old car but i know they have some great potential if worked the right way... so far with the info ive researched the best way to upgrade my vk would be a v6 or even v8 conversion. but for those on a budget (like me) these options were suggested:

CARBY
a weber carby from a XE/XF falcon. plus adapter from redline. (32, 34 or 36 ADM) not sure which one is THE BEST out of the three?
and also are double or triple SU's better? is it better to scrap the carby alltogether to run the double or triple SU's?
and what about the stromberg?

IGNITION
scrapping the EST system completely?
swapping my dizzy for one thats HEI or EFI... which specific dizzy is best?
and which seperate coil is best?
im thinking MSD all the way?
i want to get seperate dizzy and coil so that if one screws up i can easily replace one or the other. not the whole unit.
ive also read that direct ignition is possible too but is it worth it?

EXHAUST
electric thermo fan
pacemaker, genie, advanced or hurricane extractors
2 1/4 inch exhaust

eventually im hoping to have a gilmer belt drive running through it eventually too, i know it does SFA for performance but the sound is mad.
and an ACL rebuild kit eventually too.

im just trying to get as much as i can out of the old girl. any more suggestions will help me out heaps. thanks

vkvn18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 202
scrap the 32, 34 or 36 adm weber. just been told by a carby placed the one im lookin for is the 38 adm weber carb. please help lol

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
The Weber that is used on 6cyl Ford engines is a 34ADM. It is a 2 barrel carby that has a primary barrel for part throttle use and a secondary barrel that opens when you are above roughly half throttle and will give good fuel economy and power. The bloke at the carby place might be talking about a 38 DGAS Weber that was used on V6 Ford Capri. The DGAS runs both barrels all the time and is more of a perfrmance carby. There is no such thing as a 38 ADM Weber. 32/36 DGAV Weber was used on 4 cyl Ford engines and can be used on 6 cyl engines if you change to the correct jets and emulsion tubes. If you use a 32/36 DGAV make sure it is off a 2 litre engine with the bigger chokes which were 26 primary and 27 secondary. There was a32/36 DGAV Weber on the 1600 Ford Kent engines that had smaller chokes that will be too small to use on a 6cyl engine.