Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VK Berlina project

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
@ari666

That was the original plan but i might just keep the 8 in it and keep working on it over the years, and get a ute for my P's, but im not sure

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
you don't need to move the engine forward to get to the bolts. Just drop the rear gear box cross member down and the back of the engine will drop
If you are short on $$, then just go to supercheap and get a cheap 3/8 drive socket set. Make sure it includes a uni-joint. And then buy a long extension. Should be able to access the bolts fairly easily

the previous owner sure had some strange ideas!
looks like A/C pipes hooked up to the radiator overflow bottle
and that radiator isn't a Commodore radiator

the speakers..... let's just say I've never seen anything like them before
and that bottle mounted in the boot ??? WTF ?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
@ari666

That was the original plan but i might just keep the 8 in it and keep working on it over the years, and get a ute for my P's, but im not sure

i did mention the word "legal" didnt i? the engineers cert alone will cover the cost of a 308 in the same condition as that 253. VK's didnt come out with 253's so your fitting a non standard engine, and according to VSB14, itll need to be certified.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh sorry i thought you meant about p plates, i understand now

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
i got all the bolts off but its not going anywhere, do i have to undo the flywheel as well wile it is still attached?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks ill get to it tomorrow

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
And the starter motor.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
i did mention the word "legal" didnt i? the engineers cert alone will cover the cost of a 308 in the same condition as that 253. VK's didnt come out with 253's so your fitting a non standard engine, and according to VSB14, itll need to be certified.
Being in QLD I'm not sure how you'll go with the RED 253, you might be in the same boat as VIC as Ari said, In NSW it's a little different.
In NSW, He can fit a "Blue" 253 with no problems, but I'm guessing everyone but me has missed the details on the inlet manifold. If you look closely, you'll note it's a HZ late "pollution" Red 253. The thermostat housing was the first telltale, then look at the EGR ports and they're slightly different to blue motor.

To get a red motor to comply with my local guy, he'll have to put in place all the pollution gear from a Blue or black motor and unfortunately if he get's a anal retentive inspector like my local one, he'll insist you put the blue/black timing chain set in place to retard the timing to match the blue/black motor pollution regs.