Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vk berlina

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
leave the Quaddy on and take the car to someone who knows how to set them up - you'll be much happier with the results.
the power output does seem a little low for the engine work you have done. Are you sure the cam timing is spot on ? A couple of degrees out can really dull an engines performance

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah i dialled it in at zero. the cam card said 0.81(?) inlet lobe lift at TDC, thats what it measure up to @ 0 so thats what i did. advancing the cam with a matched lobes really doesnt achieve the same result as a cam with different lobe seperation, so i just left it alone.

my thinking has moved to a possible rouge lifter or dud valve install height, but i CBF taking the manifold off again to check them so everything is staying as is till the impala is back on the road and i can take the time to drop the engine back out of this car.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
leave the Quaddy on and take the car to someone who knows how to set them up - you'll be much happier with the results.

agreed, quaddy's are a very underrated carb IMO, once you find someone to set it up, i bet you will be surprised.

my old man is running a quaddy on his 360 stroker 308, but its nearly at its limits, and he is also using the edelbrock performer manifold. pretty torquey motor, revs about the same as yours going by the dyno sheet.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
wow, have not posted in here for a while... anyway. this is something i should have done months ago. there is a local smack head who keeps breaking into my car and f'ing the locks up. lets see him f' this one up eh? :)

as you can see he stuffed the lock up:
100_1850.jpg

so instead of repairing it, i thought i would get rid of it altogether, since this car is remote central locking anyway:
100_1851.jpg

grindie grindie:
100_1852.jpg

after bog and some rubbing and some spray paint:
100_1853.jpg

and it turns out that my missus decision for the dash colour in the impala is a really close match to my VK's colour so thats pretty kewl :)
100_1854.jpg

am gonna block it back once its had a few days to dry. stay tuned for the drivers side :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
yeah mate, thieves suck ass big time. my SLE passenger door lock looks the same :( thank **** the alarm scared em off.

i'll do the same with my passenger door but i'm a little reluctant to do the same with the drivers door, should i ever suffer from a flat battery it's gonna be hard to open. maybe some solex locks for the drivers door and boot for me.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
thank **** the alarm scared em off.

well i been driving the missus car for the past few weeks cos' the fuel economy is far far better, so the battery went flat in this one. but even still its weird that the idiot didnt notice the flashing indicators and think, hmmm that shouldnt be doing that.

anyway, i have a plan. i am gonna wire in tao 'jump points' similar to a porsche. hide them somewhere, like in the boot or under the car and when you feed them 12+ the doors will pop open.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
there is a local smack head who keeps breaking into my car and f'ing the locks up. lets see him f' this one up eh? :)

LOL you sound like u dont even care!
next time he goes to break into it hell be like wtf where has the lock gone and be full confused :)
shaved locks look sick do mineeee?
whered u get ur centeral locking kit form?
i want to get one is it a hard job?

i see some over spray :O

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
whats this i hear your selling the drivetrain?

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
would you need an override switch or cable in case the battery goes flat or remote gets wet? I was thinking of doing the same to the VH...