Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VK Chevodore

HSV802

Reaction score
Members Ride
RIP HSV Senator. Current 2002 VX2 HSV Clubsport.
The VK has a 350 Chev with 400 Trans and a mini spooled 9inch diff, has a set of chrome 20s. Still alot of things i wanna do to it when time and money allows.

Attachments

• vk1.jpg
    vk1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 780
  • ZS3.jpg
    ZS3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 355

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
One word - Tough.

What sort of power is she making?

BENJAMUM

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.3 ltr blown vy ute & vs 5L ute
as they say go hard or go home thats nice mate lol

HSV802

Reaction score
Members Ride
One word - Tough.

What sort of power is she making?

Not to sure what kind of power figures it has, it has enough to put a smile on my face when my foot is up it, LOL. with the mini spool and the Chev it diffinitly makes a fun car to drive.

Like your VH looks awesome, think the VH's are the best looking commodores have often thought about selling mine to buy another one

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
The best kind of dyno is the drivers face when he hits the loud pedal haha

Cheers mate, I love VH's and just had to finally go out and buy one.

How much work mechanically/legally was there to get that donk between the rails?

HSV802

Reaction score
Members Ride
The best kind of dyno is the drivers face when he hits the loud pedal haha

Cheers mate, I love VH's and just had to finally go out and buy one.

How much work mechanically/legally was there to get that donk between the rails?

Yup its a bit of work to get the motor to fit you can buy a chev kit to fit them involves spacers between the cross member and body, move the starter motor to other side of block remote filter set up after market sump and oil pick up, then you cant run the big chev HEI dissy unless you cut out the fire wall a bit, and i think if you run power stering you need a spacer for the steering colum. with the 400 Trans a little panel beating on the trans tunnel and some spacers under the cross member. You also have to run electric fans as with the spacers the motor sits quite high and you need a drop base filter unless you cut a hold in the bonnet.

This is the second 350 Commodore ive had and it easy to get cheap power out of one.

as im in new Zealand there fairly easy to get legal just got to get mounts and driveshaft checked out by enginer for certifacation and your on the road, dont know if it would be as easy in Oz.

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
Ok it doesn't sound like too bad of a conversion, I agree with you on the legalities side though. I don't think it would be so easy in Australia. You lucky kiwi.