Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vk project

redvk202

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk berlina 202
my vk
project just being started
wanting an engine swap for rb30det or 304 block
so far mods include:
lowered 2.5"all round on pedders
18" shadow chrome wheels
pioneer 6"x9" 500w
pioneer 6" 350w
pioneer headunit
performance aircleaner
luckey extractors
sports mufler
sports steering wheel
aftermarket taillights

wanting to get some more power out of the old 202 any hints???

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 315
P

Pav

Looks like a nice, clean VK, you should paint the bumpers red i reckon.
As for power, probably not worth putting money into the 202 if you're gonna do an engine swap, maybe upgrade the diff? Say like a VL or VN diff with 3.9 gears and LSD/Locker/Spool? That way you can keep it for the next motor.

redvk202

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk berlina 202
Looks like a nice, clean VK, you should paint the bumpers red i reckon.
As for power, probably not worth putting money into the 202 if you're gonna do an engine swap, maybe upgrade the diff? Say like a VL or VN diff with 3.9 gears and LSD/Locker/Spool? That way you can keep it for the next motor.

yeh i agree, but still wanna give the old girl some more grunt while she is in thee
i have a new ford 9" lsd ready for new motor off my dads chev, just need motor and gearbox

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Performance - Is it carby or EFI.
Carby - Upgrade to a weber, possilbe scrap the EST, wont give you power but will give you reliability.
EFI - You can use a throttle body off a Ford, and remap the ECU and Gemini Torque converter, i dont know exactly what needs to be done, its just what ive been told off a mate whos very knowledgeable on VK EFI's.

redvk202

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk berlina 202
Performance - Is it carby or EFI.
Carby - Upgrade to a weber, possilbe scrap the EST, wont give you power but will give you reliability.
EFI - You can use a throttle body off a Ford, and remap the ECU and Gemini Torque converter, i dont know exactly what needs to be done, its just what ive been told off a mate whos very knowledgeable on VK EFI's.

its the 3.3 carbie.
the extractors and performance air cleaner made a great difference, but it needs a bit more go.
i was thinking of chucking a 350 holley with a cain manifold, but not sure if this would be the best option.
also waqs thinkin of a yella terra head and roller rockers
maybe a beefy cam

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
its the 3.3 carbie.
the extractors and performance air cleaner made a great difference, but it needs a bit more go.
i was thinking of chucking a 350 holley with a cain manifold, but not sure if this would be the best option.
also waqs thinkin of a yella terra head and roller rockers
maybe a beefy cam

Nah nah dont put a 350 holley, a prick to tune, will use a **** load more fuel, for not much improvement. Put a 34adm weber on. You need an adapter (redline makes these), and a 34adm weber off a XE or XF falcon. The XE one is easier to use apparently.
Yella Terra head, would be the go, not sure on roller rockers, i honestly dont know enough about internals. But Head/Cam/Exhaust/Weber and it should boogie. I love the Carb 3.3's set up right they can really get up and go.
Cant remember your exhaust, but id say good extractors (pacemakers etc) and a 2 1/4 inch exhuast, one muffler, and straight through, or a resonator to quiten it down.
Scrap the EST and put in a blue dizzy, the EST is a bitch to work with, and wont like it when you start modding.

redvk202

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk berlina 202
Nah nah dont put a 350 holley, a prick to tune, will use a **** load more fuel, for not much improvement. Put a 34adm weber on. You need an adapter (redline makes these), and a 34adm weber off a XE or XF falcon. The XE one is easier to use apparently.
Yella Terra head, would be the go, not sure on roller rockers, i honestly dont know enough about internals. But Head/Cam/Exhaust/Weber and it should boogie. I love the Carb 3.3's set up right they can really get up and go.
Cant remember your exhaust, but id say good extractors (pacemakers etc) and a 2 1/4 inch exhuast, one muffler, and straight through, or a resonator to quiten it down.
Scrap the EST and put in a blue dizzy, the EST is a bitch to work with, and wont like it when you start modding.

ok thanks for the tips
will take it on board
will have to search round for that carbie
have a look on ebay;)