Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VK Project

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
just one thought though, they dont really include any flexible conduit with it. i wasnt happy with how the wires bent over on themselves when you closed the door. eventually they will snap from all the opening and closing, so (and feel free to not do this cos' it is a little dodgie) i drilled a 8mm hole on the door and sealed it with a grommet, then drilled a 12mm hole on the A pillar and put a grommet in. then got a coat hanger and cut around 180mm and bent it in a curved shape which i wrapped into the loom really tight so it wouldnt move.

the idea is that when you open the door, the 8mm grommet and loom doesnt move at all, but the 10mm grommet allows the loom to slide in and out, the curved shape is the angle the wire takes when the door is open. making sense? so that way the wire doesnt fold over, it rotates in and out of the A pillar. the only downfall is that the 10mm side isnt sealed against the weather, so it may get water in it.

just a thought. you will understand what i mean when you get to that part :D

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
well somehow you have to get 5 wires (on the drivers side, the rest are 2 wires) out of the car and into your door, the best place is in the jam. the distance between the door and the jam when the door open is something like 70mm but when its closed is around 10mm, so your 70mm length of wire has to fold in half if both ends dont move. im suggesting that you allow one side to move backwards and forwards, so instead of folding over, it stays straight. either way, you still need to drill holes in the door to run the wires. unless you run the wires behind your door card, but that would look hideous and i would imagine will damage the card eventually.

im doing a terrible job explaining myself :(

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR