Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VK Project

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
apparently you can get a 6 going pretty hard

Yeah, you can get them to revv quite nicely, its not the same as a v8, but its a shitload of fun!!

In my VH, (before we put the motor in my sisters HQ tonner) it had a 3.3L blue motor, got the heads fully ported and polished, put HUGE oversized valves in there, nice fairly big cam, on a stock bottom end rebuilt not that long ago...

(the reds are apparently better though..?)

With a stage 3 shift kitted Trimatic and 2800rpm stally..

Took it for a spin and it was just turning the treads non stop... it loved it, and the launches lol damm they were fun!! :p

If you do something similar, with a bigger carby, or maybe even with the triple carbs, that thing would fly along, although fuel economy would go out the window.. :whistling

Pez

Reppin
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VK
haha im not worried about fuel economy i drive a commodore hahaha.
yeah but i dont think i can run carbies on an efi really can i.. not to sure i just heard that some of the running gear is a bit different
but im actually pretty keen to rebuild the 6 and get that going harder so then i dont have to wait and i can have some fun now..

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
LOL, whoops, forgot yours is a VK somehow?!!

When you mentioned the triple webbers it just got me going down the carby road... lol

Well you can run a carby, but I don't think it would be beneficial, lol... its possible to convert it back, but the emissions laws prevent it from being registerable..

In light of this new info, lol, do the same/similar as I mentioned above but besides the carby, see if you can get a re-tune to throw some more fuel in there, maybe advance the timing a little... Maybe up the fuel pressure - regulator? bigger (V8??) injectors, maybe ring an engine builder/shop see what they reccommend to get it goin a bit better.. or post in the VK section, and ask what others have done to their 6's

I don't really have much to do with the injection side of things on those gurls, only the carby ones..

Pretty sure most of the running gear is all interchangeable?

Pez

Reppin
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VK
yeah it should be interchangeable just dunno what to do.. i might just ring someone who does engines and see what they think.. i might even get it re chipped and get the computer going better because im sure technology now is alot better then back then haha

Timboy

Never been pulled over!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
Oh mate, unlucky not being able to drop an 8 straight in it. The beauty of canberra, they let ya drive whatever you want. The only thing stopping me is the damn price of petrol :(

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
yeah it should be interchangeable just dunno what to do.. i might just ring someone who does engines and see what they think.. i might even get it re chipped and get the computer going better because im sure technology now is alot better then back then haha

ask vkberlina questions about interchangelable/upgrades etc... the bloke has some excellent knowlodge about the old school commo's!!!! Well berlina did back in my VC days ;)

XCPTOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK interceptor
really love the colour mate! looks real nice ;)

Pez

Reppin
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VK
Been a while since i updated..
well i have finally got an exhaust for it.. and also went down to pedders and got a load of sport suspension parts.. drives so much better now.

12954_181995443523_619743523_3784202_1384569_n.jpg

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
very clean looking VK
I reckon there's nothing wrong with sticking to the 6 cyl.

Unfortunately you can't change the chip in the VK EFI ECU's as they are an old L-Jetronic analogue ECU - work totally different to the later model ECU's. However I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to rig up a Haltec ECU or similar. Might need to change a bit of wiring & some sensors. It would allow for cam change, injector upgrade etc wheras the factory ECU isn't adjustable.

But yeah, would make for something a bit different. Haven't seen too many people play with the EFI 202. I'd be interested to see the engines potential persued.