Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VK Project

Pez

Reppin
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VK
all central locking is done and wires run. just gotta do a water test to check for leaks then carpet and seats go back in.

pulled apart most of the 308 also. still gotta decide what i want to do with it before i take block down to get started. think 355 stroker.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
just one thought though, they dont really include any flexible conduit with it. i wasnt happy with how the wires bent over on themselves when you closed the door. eventually they will snap from all the opening and closing, so (and feel free to not do this cos' it is a little dodgie) i drilled a 8mm hole on the door and sealed it with a grommet, then drilled a 12mm hole on the A pillar and put a grommet in. then got a coat hanger and cut around 180mm and bent it in a curved shape which i wrapped into the loom really tight so it wouldnt move.

the idea is that when you open the door, the 8mm grommet and loom doesnt move at all, but the 10mm grommet allows the loom to slide in and out, the curved shape is the angle the wire takes when the door is open. making sense? so that way the wire doesnt fold over, it rotates in and out of the A pillar. the only downfall is that the 10mm side isnt sealed against the weather, so it may get water in it.

just a thought. you will understand what i mean when you get to that part :D
All you are doing is forcing the wires to bend at a different point.
Better still, take some notice of how late model cars are built. I used the factory loom tubes from a late model Subaru. If you drill the hole in the pillar way higher (or lower) than the one in the door, the wire does not have to bend much at all, it basically rotates. You can then drill a big hole in both the door and pillar and fit the loom tube to run the wires through. It will be water tight too. It works for every other manufacturer in the world.

Pez

Reppin
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VK
sorry, i must have missed the bit where you got a 308... or i forgot... either way: do tell!!!

355 will be hela fun, you got the dollars to complete it though? what are your ideas so far?

haha yeah i dont think i posted when i got it. must of been in hat stage when i didnt come on for ages.
got a 308 out of a vl which was an old mans car so wasnt thrashed. some guy wanted to put 6 turbo in it so got it for 350 + case of beam.
it was half pulled apart when i got it but all bits are there.
ill get some pics soon.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
interested in selling ur 208??? :p

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
Hey Pez,

Just read through your whole thread mate, start to finish...

You have choped and changed your mind abit on the v8...Lol..

Good work on all of it though. You and your dad have done well.

You should have a look at my vk I just picked up. Will be a show car when i'm done....

Like the paint mate, looks good. Too bad about the rust and you didnt see it when you where painting the whole car and had the trim out..

Top work and keep it up...Through some more pics up mate.

Cheers Nackerz