Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vk vacationer 308

hold em

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
hey, this is my vk commodore currently doing lots of stuff to try get it road worthy
vk005.jpg

vk003.jpg

vk007.jpg

vk011.jpg

vk015.jpg

engine is a 308 and is currently out just got the rear main seal fixed on it and the main bearings check, bearings looked all mint, has pacemarker headers, 3inch exhaust, no carb atm looking at getting a 600 holley or 550 edelbrock with a new inlet manifold also,mild cam regrind, has a t350 with a quicksilver shifter, v8 commodore 3.08:1 diff with disk brakes, just got a msd 6al for it, looking for a electronic ignition dizzy msd or procomp, getting radiator recondictioned, and getting a big electric fan fitted, also getting a mini starter motor to help give the headers some room, got a panasonic headunit, speakers, sub,amp on its way also, need some new mags and tyres still not sure which ones there is so many to choose from! then once all this is done i can take the car for a cert(for the gearbox) then get a warrent then im cruzing!
DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

got a free vk wagon (only a 4cyl) as a parts car, mainly for the center console, dash, also robed a few small interior bits i was missing
DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

HSV802

Reaction score
Members Ride
RIP HSV Senator. Current 2002 VX2 HSV Clubsport.
Nice car looks to be progressing well, by he looks of it your in New Zealand as well?

hold em

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
Nice car looks to be progressing well, by he looks of it your in New Zealand as well?
yeah im in NZ, nelson

and yeah the rims on it are crap, and bald rear tyres(wonder why :whistling) getting new ones as soon as i pick which ones, so many choices wanted some simmons FR19's but simmons dont make mags anymore and theyre fricken expensive, then i found some other ones i liked, went into mag&turbo and they stoped manurfacturing them...

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
Sweet ride....i think the wagon isn't lowered a enough...lol..

hold em

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
more progress

little update of what iv been upto.

sanded and painted my headers
DSC00059.jpg

got the rear main seal fixed, had sliped around the shaft and was sitting and the bottom and letting oil piss out the top, had a get a new flexiplate too as the other one had a few spots on the teeth where the starter motor did'nt engage properly and rip the teeth, put on the 2,5k high stall
DSC00051.jpg

got a brand new high torque mini starter motor
DSC00057.jpg

had the radiator checked over, had one of the tanks replaced
DSC00054.jpg

got an 16" electric radiator fan which is getting mounted on the radiator, picking that up tomorrow
DSC00052.jpg

also put the motor back in last weekend
DSC00055.jpg

also installed 4" speakers in the front kick panals, 6" speakers in the parcel tray, sub,amp in boot and installed the headunit, damn headunit sticks out though because of the heater box behind it =(

still to come is a MSD 6AL, MSD pro billet dizzy which is on there way and new mags,tyres

also though u guys might like to see what my dad drives,
holden torana, holden 383 stroker, dry sump, nos, 9" diff with fully floating hubs, all the goodies
camerapics065.jpg

camerapics031.jpg

Last edited:

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
absolutely MINT torana.. i got a lh SLR5000 and love it..

Mr. Brightside

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH 253 4 speed, 2006 VE SSV M6
The photo of the console in your wagon shows its a manual. Do you still have the spuare plastic surround at the base of the gear stick boot? Is it in good unbroken condition? I've been looking for one of these.