Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my VL CALAIS headlight thingys wont flip up!! ggrrr

T

tipsiegypsie

Hey everyone,

I need a little help, my boyfriend (fazz) and I have tried everything we can think of to get my stupid headlight things to flip up :bang: and i we can hear the motor working and junk but im stuck and its the last thing i need to do before i can get it back on the road!! would appreciate any and all help!! thanks

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
i dont know much about the calais lights but the obviuse thing is that is the rod fromt he motor to the light connected or broken, and if you got problems gettign them up try rasing them manually, think it say you can do it in teh manual

HsvPlayBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Hsv 185i
Take The Whole Nose cone off and Lub up all the linkages 10mm ratch check the relay near the battery 30A umm if that fails ebay for a new Motor as theh wreckers dont have these anymore Becoz i have them all !!!! i Have 7 full Front ends Good Luck With that yeah

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
Motor works sweet, it's just missing something somwhere, and I ain't getting in the gravel and having a look-see.

When she's up on ramps or something and on concrete I'll have a look.

Thanks for the input y'all.

Nice pic Tipsie... hehehe, and the rims from that car live on on my VP!!!
xoxox

T

tipsiegypsie

:bang: dont worry i'll get under and have a look because that the only thing left to do so i can get the RWC, thanks for your help everyone :w00t:

T

tipsiegypsie

Yeah will do, im just going to wash the engine and put some carboard under the car and find it that way :p in the mean time im just going to keep topping it up lol

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
my pop-ups seized up on me once when i had them on. We just turned the manual control for them and if u wind it up it should quickly spring bak around to its normal spot. We did that 2 or 3 times then all of a sudden Bzzzzz they just came up by them selfs. Check your fuses and all that too but if u can hear the motor workin then is a motor problem not an electrical problem

T

tipsiegypsie

awesome!! well we can hear the motor turn on and stuff so thats good to know!! im printing out all the info everyone has given me and i'm going to spend time on the car this weekend!! :bow: thanks alot guys you have all been really helpfull! hopefully one day i can help you all out hehehe

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
When Tipsie and I were fiddling with that stuff (again... GRRRR, f**kin old cars) last weekend we got the motor working. The little ribbed (for lack of a better word) section that the arm attaches to the motor with seems to spin freely. The eyelids try to go up and down but can't due to lack of friction and torque on the control arms.

Can we get the little bit or do I have to replace the whole motor?