Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My vl Project , Canary Yellow Respray, Worked 304

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Bet it would sound a heap better by ear than it does on a cam that does not pick up the true sound.

Bet your pumped for a spin Alan?
Nice work

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
yer it does mate. the old phone dosnt sound the same. yer cant wait to driver her. just gotta make up a dump pipe to cat

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
well bit more done. exhaust is now 3inch turbo back. installed a msd 6al and msd ss coil. ordered a nistune. still deciding on injectors

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
intake side of things done. wouldn't mind getting the missing piece of cooler piping replaced instead of using silicone hose

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Nice man. Looks tidy as

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
thanks bud. still got a fair bit to go lots of broken connecters to replace on the engine loom. plus got a wedding to pay for so progress is slow lol

Caprice57

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice 5.7L A4
Can I really really strongly suggest you get the Ceramic coating on the turbo manifold, the rear housing of turbo, the wastegate dump and the turbo dump pipe. I have had the same set up as this and it made a very big difference. Also a MACE manifold insulator makes a big difference if the car will be a daily. ie, traffic, heatsoak etc. Cheers.

Caprice57

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice 5.7L A4
Also running a CAI pip in 3.5 inches from the front bumper to the bottom of the airbox makes a great improvement. I also found small gains making the BOV as close to the Throttle body as possible. All these gains were verified on a dyno as I am very analytical. Cheers!!

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
well setup is changing again. in the process of doing a smooth engine bay. hidden wiring. motor is getting some more improvements. maatouks inlet manifold. r33 5sp. lsd center with 4.11's. also want to get a Z32 afm and retune and crack 300rwkw
pictures to follow soon