Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VL Project

JessicaVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ and VL
Hey everyone, back into the car scene after a big break; here's the new project! Its 100% stock, no dents & next to no rust so can't wait to slowly do her up :) My 2nd VL and 4th car, daily is a VZ

Me...
Sex: Female

The car...
Make/Model: 1986 VL Executive
Colour: Maroon
Interior: Original cream/beige
Engine Type: RB30 n/a
Gearbox: Auto
Stock exhaust/diff/brakes/suspension ect
Cost: A steal considering its condition :)
Other Mods: Nothing yet

Future mods: New wheels, VK berlina tail lights, lower springs, de-badge it, sound system, exhaust ect ect and just slowly replace worn out parts :)
Respray maybe as im not keen on the color (paint is immaculate though so we'll see) and possibly V8 & manual down the track

Quick wash the day i bought it

Close up of paint

Interior

JessicaVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ and VL
Will be draining/replacing oil and fuel this weekend and replacing air, fuel and oil filters as its been sitting in a shed for years

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Honest question: Do you really need to list your age and that your a female?
Not looking to offend, but it seems really out of character for a "my ride" thread.

As for your new VL, it seems like a really good starting point, How do you know there is no rust? Has it had a respray etc?
Great pickup, either way...

JessicaVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ and VL
Was there need for that on my first post? Im new on here, i looked through a few posts in this section to get an idea of a 'template' and this is what i found on a couple of the posts... I personally like to see females into cars and when commenting on people's cars im interested to know if its a car of a 16 year old who's just getting into the car scene or a 50 year old with a tonne of knowledge... Just my opinion, hope that answered your question..
I said it has next to no rust (for a car of its age) It has 2 spots on the boot and 1 spot in the boot, thats all ive found so far as ive only had it a couple of days. Hasnt had a respray as far as i know, has been garaged for 10-15 years
Thanks it should be a great starting point and project

Last edited:

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Welcome to JC Jess.

Nothing wrong what-so-ever with posting you details.
Good to see some more Females on the site, that are not afraid of getting their hands dirty.
There's not enough here.

Your car, from the photos, looks to be in pretty good condition. Well done.
Look forward to seeing more pictures of your project in the future.
Hope it gives you many years of enjoyment.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Welcome.

Looks like a nice car to start a project with, straight as from the outside, and that's a damn clean interior.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I wasn't meant to offend, apologies if it seems that way. There's just been a few females who have come on here who are just posting the fact they are a female, just to generate attention, and the more derogatory of the members only post in said thread because of the fact the OP is female.

Welcome, and i hope we all can be constructive and helpful of any issues with your car you may find.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I wasn't meant to offend, apologies if it seems that way. There's just been a few females who have come on here who are just posting the fact they are a female, just to generate attention, and the more derogatory of the members only post in said thread because of the fact the OP is female.

Welcome, and i hope we all can be constructive and helpful of any issues with your car you may find.

This is sadly correct ,
welcome in all the same , looks like a tidy example , also good to see a female who can work on cars , you probably know more than some members on this forum , what's the mileage on the VL ? .