Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my VL S2 CALAIS V8 HOTVL hope yoy loke

hotvl308

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais s2 v8
HOTVL v8 series2 calais MAD show car

1988 SERIES II VL V8 CALAIS.Factory sunroof cardinal red still factory paint.Engine 308 big solid cam, vl heads flowing 500hp, barry grant carb, performer manifold (modified),decked block,dont want to give to much info away.Engine bay has been stripped of, air con,power steering,stock water pump replaced with billet electric,washer bottle,canisters and battery.The bay has been smoothend over and holes filled and repainted only part of the car painted fuse box relocated under the dash.LE body kit fitted in 1989 car was purchased stock 9 months old.Custom pipes and s/s exhaust crafted by exhaust bros.Diff is a shortend 9inch with 4.11 gears,trimatic has been full manual built with 5000rpm converter.Brakes front 4pot AP racing callipers and 345mm 2 piece rotrs REAR 4pot AP callipers and 330mm 2 piece rotors.Full braided brake lines. Wheels are billet bonspeed 18x7f 18x9r tyers potenzers F 225/ 35/ 18 R 255/35/18.Fuel system dash 10 braided line and anodised fittings form carb to the 60L fuel cell and retun BG fillter and reg.Trim is italian leather rapped around 2 LE front seats and custom back seat and door tims.Momo wheel,race harness,autometer dash,pioneer deckand speakers make up the inside.The car has run an 11.7 @ 118 mph only had the chance to race once since building it im hopeing for a flat 11-11.2 should make make it with a tune and gear change.The car has been in the family since 9months old.My dad purchased it then and his cousin Vin Macaro from BGT performance done some engine,suspention and exhaust work put a ste of borbet wheels and re72 tyers on it they were the **** back then.The car was fetured on the cover of street commodores issue 13 around 1992 i think.I done my rebuild about 5 years ago.I hope you like it cheers

K6vmc.jpg

eOzU2.jpg

4909W.jpg

v0k4W.jpg

UMDVn.jpg

OC4Ju.jpg

wRTzo.jpg

S1yia.jpg

Last edited:

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Dam... An imnensly nice car man! Nice to see a vl not a turbo.