Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VL SS GroupA #643 Walkinshaw

troy roberts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 1999 5.0 UTE
Are their any VL walkinshaw fans on here still, realise it's an old thread. Just wondering if I could get in contact with an expert on the identification of them. I have the opportunity to buy one and would really like some help

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Like GT's there are more replicas than real walkies on the road.

I worked on a few back in 2000-2005 era nearly bought one to daily when still could be had in 20k range.

Should be HSV forum if it's still around & can contact HSV with vin numbers etc for build details other than that still have to go through whatever car your looking at to check it's got all main parts & not a number job or fake.

VFSV340

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV 340
Are their any VL walkinshaw fans on here still, realise it's an old thread. Just wondering if I could get in contact with an expert on the identification of them. I have the opportunity to buy one and would really like some help
hi,
been here a while and can help you in your quest...with having owned one and many other HSV's..

J

troy roberts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 1999 5.0 UTE
hi,
been here a while and can help you in your quest...with having owned one and many other HSV's..

J
Thanks mate
I have made the relevant calls to walkinshaw and they have confirmed the VIN is ok. I have views the plates and all look ok and match each other as well as the body. This guy has owned it for 20 years and seems very genuine, only concerned about previous owners because it's been around the block and did spend some tine in sydney. The HSV tag is intact although the rivets look rusty in the photo. It has the glove box number matching the tag and the logbook with engine number and matching vin but no other paperwork unfortunately.
Just wondering if there's anything else I can look for that might give away anything at all

VFSV340

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV 340
Ownership wise and history can be looked into a few ways and some body things to look at and indicators of any previous work done. There was and likely still around a register of build numbers etc.. so if you want to discuss and other details I can expand if you want to message me..

Things like build sheet, badges, paint, body, past owners and parts on the car can tell a story.

J

troy roberts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 1999 5.0 UTE
Last seen 2015 on here. And only 11 posts since joining in 2009.
Unfortunately I don't think we will see him back.
I have some build date questions thats all of anyway has the knowledge