Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vn 5l calais project

tuff5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais s2 5l
This is my 91 vn calais s2
i got it about 5 months ago i got it pretty cheap for what it is
its in exellent condidition for being a 18 yo car
here is a list of mods i want to do and have done feel free to comment leave advice or wot ever
start with the stuff thats done

1) 3.9 lsd diff which is spooled getting wanna get 3.9 surelock or detroit locker locked diff
2) 3 inch exhaust with custom 3 inch pipe out back no rear muff that i picked up in my mates backyard (not for a car but it works a treat and has a mean ass note) and gene extractors
3) tricked up auto stage 2 shift kit and strengthand bands (kevlar) i think! wanna change it to a 2 spd power glide or a bm rachett shifter or a 5 spd dont know yet??
4) hsv cold air intake with k and n pod in box. wanna go custom coldair intake made from flex pipe, pod, and shroud
5) hsv chip want to get chiptalk stage 3 extreame hsv eata chip
6) statesman caprice intirior my headlining does not sag (hahahahahaahaha)
7)kenwood sound system 600w amp (kenwood) 2x12 inch boxed subs 1500w ea (kenwood)
(kenwood) 200w 6in speakers (kenwood) on rear shelf upgrading to 7x10s kenwood 320w on shelf the whole system is kenwood exept stinger wiring
8)rims are 18 inch polo's cromies (some bastard stole my center caps:lock::bang: all 4 of em) so now i need a new set of rims
9)factory sunroof
10) when i got it,it was dedset dumped on its guts i couldent go over speed humps thats right you heard right some people get away with goin over em diaganal not me if i tryd that my car would loose its exhaust system and i would be smelling rubber from the ceptors on the back would be smoken off the inside of the gaurds not that lip you can feel im talken about half way up the inside rear quater pannel so i fixd it and put in a rear set of springs my mate had laying around but im putting the old 1s back in soon (2 coils are missing chopped and compressed)
i cant think of n e thing else

this is what i want to do

ENGINE:
twin 90mm throttle boddies with a k&n air pod on the end of each side (it will look tuff)
stage 2 cam maby stage 3 race cam
forged pistons and rods
vt twin plastic thermos
eaton super charger (about 9-12 psi would be nice) and custom cooler with adjusable bov
hi flow heads i heard stock vn heads are good for about 500hp is this true??
i would like to stroke it but money you know how it is!
hiflow fuel pump good for 800hp
stage 3 extream chiptorque chip

BODY:
i have a few difrent ideas
vn hdt aero body kit
custom ve gts to fit vn (seen em on ebay $750 they look crazy)
custom vl hdt areo director kit to fit vn thats somthing special i like the puffed wheel arch look especially on the front has to be seen to be beleived ill problly have to get a custom feul cap it needs to be rolled into a wierd shape to fit the body kit its a weird looking body kit i think 1 of holdens only wide body kits ive ever seen

also vp garnish tinted (black) taillights
hdt front grill and mesh inserts
chop the top by 3 or 4 inches (dreaming)
shaved door handles (dreaming)
electric catch doors that work on a fob push the button the doors pop you open it same as the elec boot works but more full on the lil lines under the tail lights shave and smooth them

WHEELS:
something no one else has or
vy senetor signitures 20s
ve gts the shadow crome 1s 20s
b boss not elenors coz every lebo and his cousin habib has them not that i have n e thing agaist lebos or there cousins hehe i like to be origanal so somthing else from that range would b nice

TIRES:
well the front 1s ne way somthing whitewall
rear ne thing that smokes up good wanna get those tyres that smoke up blue or red

SUSPENSION:
two words airbags or 1 word depends how good you are at spelling hehe

INTERIOR:
somthing custom maybe my caprice int retrimed in soft all white leather would be nice

PAINT:
well this is it i want somthing i have never seen and that is mirror finish crome
or camielian paint black over burnt orange

STEZ:
Just a couple of dvd screens and a 22in wide screen in boot with sep dvd playa and nitendo wii and full boot enclosure new amps 7x10 upto 500w kenwoods

i will keep adding to this as i get more ideas so keep coming back and having a look

ps thanks for checkn out my whip ne comments would be appreaciated thankyou fellow
commodore nuts