Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VN cocks its leg

bruggz351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
G'day peoples,
I've searched till I wanted to cry and cant find anything pertaining to this prob.

When filling-up and the tank is near full, it spews about 1/2 to 1 litre of fuel out all over the place!!:surprise:

Why is it so??????:hit:

cheers

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The tank breather hoses are split. Best to get it fixed before the VN burns to the ground :(

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Mine does retarded **** when I fill it up... my breathes have all been re-done, so I duno what the go is. I'll have to rip the tank down AGAIN and have another crack at it.

Spews it back out the filler neck so I reckon maybe the big over-fill hose is kinked and it air locks maybe :( i duno

and on this topic, anyone tell my why my allegedly 80L tanks on both my VNs only give me 68L to empty? fail!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Mine does retarded **** when I fill it up... my breathes have all been re-done, so I duno what the go is. I'll have to rip the tank down AGAIN and have another crack at it.

Spews it back out the filler neck so I reckon maybe the big over-fill hose is kinked and it air locks maybe :( i duno

and on this topic, anyone tell my why my allegedly 80L tanks on both my VNs only give me 68L to empty? fail!

You could have pinched the tube inbetween the tank and under the car - seen it many times.

Have you adjusted the tank size in the trip computer Samikins?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
shane, yep, tank sizes are adjusted. I mean even the old fashioned run it til it runs no more method .. full up to the first click is 68L past dead bone dry empty. fail. :(

bruggz351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
Thanks for the replies peoples.

I don't think I was very clear:emb:

When the fuel tank is almost full, fuel, very violently, spews/sprays back out the filler neck all over my hand, the pump, my leg, the ground, the side of the car. Sometimes it can be quite epic.
:spew:
^^^^ just like that :rofl2:

cheers