Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY VN does twins when i do burn outs ??

RiDiN_DiRtY

Mr_RiDiN_DiRtY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Executive 1990
hey ppl my vn does twins both wheels spin its starts with the right then the ass end moves to the left and they both start spinning and latley its been booting more ? like both wheels are kicking in instead of the one ? i have no idea why i dun think it has lsd is this possible ? it could have lsd but i havnt looked its a vn exec but when i brought it it had extractors so it could have a lsd ? but it doesnt feel like when i was in my mates lv that threw around everwhere and wouldnt spin at all :S

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Alot of people do say when they both start kicking in, it means the diff is about to go.. I have no clue how this works tho..

My freinds vl altho different car does the same thing no lsd.. But spins both.. only a few months later the diff went bang..

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
if ur worried about the bang part, simple dont do burnouts :D

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
it usually means the thrust washers in the diff center are cooked(from to many burnouts)
first they start to bind and lock the side gears to the housing inside the diff casing causing the "lsd" then the thrust washers start to roll up behind the side gears and put excess load on the spider gears. after that you get yourself a BOOM and bits go every where or the spider gears just brake into lost of little peices

EDIT: if it was lsd it would be getting worse as the cone clutches wore out

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
this happened in my VL I had, I decided to change the diff oil and they inspected the teeth on the cogs and they where fine I dunno

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
it usually means the thrust washers in the diff center are cooked(from to many burnouts)
first they start to bind and lock the side gears to the housing inside the diff casing causing the "lsd" then the thrust washers start to roll up behind the side gears and put excess load on the spider gears. after that you get yourself a BOOM and bits go every where or the spider gears just brake into lost of little peices

EDIT: if it was lsd it would be getting worse as the cone clutches wore out

Exact same thing happened to mine. Just chunks of metal lol. And why does diff oil smell sooo bloody bad?

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Exact same thing happened to mine. Just chunks of metal lol. And why does diff oil smell sooo bloody bad?

Because you cooked the **** out of it? :D Anyway, most hydrocarbons smell funny, transmission fluid's pretty bad as well i reckon.

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
transmission fluid is ****...
I was working on my car and some dripped out onto my face and clothes...
I swear i could smell that fluid in my nose for the next fortnight...
My car only lights up 1 side, generally the drivers side, i prefer it this way really because it means i can have lots of smoke, and retain a fair amount of control.