Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] My VN for sale **SOLD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munromad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

ITEM: VN Commodore

PRICE: $4000

YEAR: 1990

SERIES: Example: VN

BADGE: Example: Executive, SS, Clubsport

ENGINE: 5 litre

TRANSMISSION: Auto (T00)

COLOUR: Phoenix Red

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Very good. Couple of shopping trolley dings but looks very good.

INTERIOR CONDITION: Exceptionally good

TYRE CONDITION: 95% all round

TYRE SIZE INCLUDING LOAD RATING: Standard passenger tyres

ODOMETER: 157,000kms

SERVICE HISTORY: Some history available if I dig out the receipts

REGO OF CAR: Currently unregistered, last registerd Oct2010 (SA rego in my name)

REGO TILL: N/A

PLATES INCLUDED: YES "SS 1990"

RWC: Not required in Souh Australia.

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pick up only.

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Cash on pickup or Bank Transfer only.

CONTACT DETAILS: PM me for me mobile number.

OTHER INFO: See below

PICTURES:

ResizeofDSCF0931.jpg

ResizeofDSCF0930.jpg

ResizeofDSCF0929.jpg

ResizeofDSCF0928.jpg

ResizeofDSCF0927.jpg

ResizeofDSCF0926.jpg

ResizeofDSCF0925.jpg

ResizeofDSCF0924.jpg

ResizeofDSCF0923.jpg

ResizeofDSCF0921.jpg

ResizeofDSCF0920.jpg

ResizeofDSCF0919.jpg

DSCF0570.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

DSCF0568.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

I picked up this car about 18 months ago because I wanted the engine and trans for my HT Monaro.

Anyway, plans change and I also decided this was too nice to wreck.

I'm trying to raise funds for a business venture so some of my toys have to go.

For those interested, I've also got a HQ GTS Monaro (4 door) for sale too (PM for details - serious buyers only).

Ok, back to the Commodore,

This thing is tidy. Very tidy. The interior is immaculate. You will see in the pics that I have removed the stereo head unit as I've used that in another car but I have the original radio to go in it. The four speakers go with the car and there rears are brand new (Sony Xplode from memory). They are fitted in the factory location and nothing was butchered to fit them in.

They tyres have less than 5000 kms on them. I put new tyres on the car as I had to take it to Regency when I bought it over from Sydney.

I replaced all 4 brake rotors less than 500 kms ago and fitted new pads all round. The front rotors are slotted. I also fitted new wheel bearings to the front too.

The trans has been tricked up with a shift kit and corvette servo's. This trans is beautiful and shifts nice and firm.

I replaced all fluids in the car including coolant, engine oil, trans fluid, diff oil and even flushed the brakes lines when I changed the rotors.

I have replaced all the locks with brand new items - doors, ignition, boot and glovebox and they all match.

I'm an aircraft electrician so I made sure all the wiring under the dash and bonnet was spot on. There had obviously been an issue with the driving lights at one stage (someone fitted high wattage spotties) and fried the wiring. I have redone all of this and now the spotties only come on with the high beam (as required by law for lights over 55 watts) and have upgraded the wiring appropriately and fitted a separate relay.

The car is as close to rust free as you will see. There is the tiniest dot inside one of the door jambs from memory. We are talking 1/4 the size of a 5 cent piece and only surface rust.

There is some fading of the paint on the roof and the bonnet is a bit crazed with a couple of decent scratches on it but overall this thing looks great and it really turns heads.

There is a small amount of damage to the front bumper where I stuffed up and parked too close to the shed and when I slid the door of the shed open, it took some paint off it. Damn!

The odometer reads 157,000 kms and was working when I got the car but has since stopped. I've probably done under 5000 kms so I think 160,000 is a good estimate and is low kms for a car this age.

I bought it off a 65 year old guy in Sydney and he was selling it because it scared the crap out of him these days. This thing gets up and goes!! He was not the original owner.

The "SS-1990" plates go with the car.

I think that covers it. Serious buyers PM me for my mobile number.

Last edited:

Munromad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
No, it will not need to go over the pits in South Australia.

It is simply a matter of paying the rego and that's it.

I'm not sure of the other states though, so if it bought by an interstate buyer, their local authorities may require it to go over the pits.

I bought this car from Sydney (I'm in Adelaide) and all I needed was an ID inspection at the rego place but I made sure it was in tip top condition because if there are any obvious road worthy problems they will pick you up on it.

But, I actually paid the rego online last night so it is all good. I wanted one last drive before I sold it. :)

If a South Australian buyer takes it, they get a bonus of 3 months rego (from 24Feb11), but it will be cancelled if bought by an interstate buyer as it's of no value to them and I get a refund.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.