Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Calais

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Ill get it fixed either way ive decided, went had a better look at it, dont look too bad, no twisting around ther towers, just a slight push back say 5mm soo its not goin to be hard to fix up.

Told them they could use 2nd had guard/rad suuport n ac condensor, but the rest i wasnt new, head and fog lights new bar n reo n rad n trans cooler, but rest is sweet from wreckers if its straight, i jsut want it back how i had

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Mate take a sledge hammer to the chassis rails, they are never the same once repaired.

i totally agree after i got side swiped the first time my car was never the same, and after mine came off the trailer i just said f**k this sh*t :p

Written off.

Hmmm, time to save and get a VP HSV yes?

thats what i did :p

but damn man, sucks
that reinforcement bar is pushed up bad man, they wont fix it all, trust me, your panels wont line up properly etc (happened to me) oh well atleast your not out of pocket :) and another calais isnt dead :)

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Its gettin fixed as we speak,guards n bonnet n rad support are 2nd hand and a couple small bits but all staight, new Full SS bar, headlights, foggies radiator, transcooler.

Came to 3500-4k this quote.

They couldnt find a ss bar, but holmart has em, lucky i found em on there.

Should ahve it back in the next week n half 2weeks hopfully

gotta ring up their claims n get me a hire car outta em now

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
niceee, u rapt now its gettin fixed? or were u sorta looking forward to gettin paid out?

on a side note my cars in tha spray shop atm getttin tha lip on :D so luckily u didnt beat me :p

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
HAHA yeah almost beat ya.

Gettin the hole front minus foggies, unless they can find sum.

I just wanted a car, its good that i will get mine back, ill keep takin it back til im happy with it, just hope i dont have to n its all sweet.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I'm sure it won't be -too- bad :) I fixed up a mate's VP that he almost wrote off. Went straight into the back of a 4WD, and I SWEAR upon goodness, the reo bar and front bumper were bent at an 80 degree angle inwards. I could actually fit the bumper into his boot without any issues :p

A trip to the wreckers and $220 later, and we had a matching Calais front end on his Exec ^^ haha, lined up straight and everything :D No issues!

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Well its been a while since i got her back, handles better than b4 smash, but i have done the sway links.

Im still havin a problem with the temp stayin inbetween almost 1/2 n 1/2, it just sits really high compared to before the smash.

I think its just the crappy genuine trans cooler they fitted, im goin to get a aftermarkety n another thermo fan to bolt behind the cooler n infront of the condensor and see if that helps at all.

I can sit in traffic jam for 20min with the thermo on the hole time, if its on 1/4 its stays there, but if at half it stays there too, wont cool just stays level, unlike b4 crash.

but meh least i got it back n havnt had any troubles

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Hey all, got sum news bout me bitch, ive finally picked up my GTS grill from the smash shop on friday, sum 6months after the smash.

They did a **** job on the painting got a nice paint run in the letterbox opening that i gotta sand back n fix, they wanted $40 for it, but i didnt pay, not yet or ever.

They made me wait long enuff for it

They have had the thing in there shop for 2months they got it in 2weeks after i was last in, then they lost my number.

Its not the best mold, SSV done it, dont quiet sit high enuff, got nice gap between bonnet n grill.

But hey its better than a smashed one hahah.

Besides that i aint done much to me car, service's etc, need tyres, been slidin everywhere coz damm camber wear.

Image286.jpg

Nice n low eh, ehehe full car
Image282.jpg

Image280.jpg

The Grill is fitted better now, not on a lean just aint got new pics yet.

Plans to put my shift kit in soon, next few weeks, hopfullyit will stop my 1-2nd lag on changes.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
y does ur rear end look sooo much lower than myne, gives me tha ****s!!!!

so whens tha SS spoiler coming? :p

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
HEHEH yeah its sittin nice now, should put supers all round on urs.

Dont you have ultras in the back? drop the front man, u need it done, get those fronts almost tuckin then she would look mean

Prob wont have me lip for a while, few months, gotta do shift kit first, then ima work on gettin a kit on her.

Ur rims look good man, i would wear those.