Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Calais

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
yeah but the chrome aint, i wish my garnish shined like urs.

One of me mates has a belina with good garnish n stock lights, been buggin him for ages to sell it to me

BradCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP SS rep
tell him to do a str8 cash swap.. offer him 100 bux and ure old rear end

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
thats what im tryin to do, but he wont do it, says he dont want the cracked one, told him id get a stocko without a crack n it would match the lights but still wants to be a tight ars

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Hey all, bought another car yesterday, just a crappy VN wagon, with a stuffed motor in it.

Only good thing about it is the 5SPEED ULEH, just gotta get sum parts to do the convertion n ill be a shiftin chirps bahahaha.

Got sum alrite other bits i can sell off nudge bar, all panels are straight as, soo yeah.

Prob hopefully have it in mine in 3weeks flywheels n clutch aint that cheap.

Need to cut my consol up coz i cant find a calais manual consol.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yeah cheers bro, urs aint too shabby eh, spewin bout the roo tho.

Well on the w/e i found myself back in jaycar....

Got sum new splits, those kevlar 6.5" with silk dome tweets.

Sound much better than my old JBL's, new tweeters are sick hear soo much more top end notes now, sum i never heard b4... wtf

Took me ages to get em all bolted in properly, got em in all good, took 4hrs to get right in this bloody humid ars weather, so no shakie shelf etc.

Still aint got me flywheel tho... its comin

Um egged a rear tyre on sunday, was pretty slippery @80km n very shakie at 10km, n went to change it, but found my wheel nuts to be way too tight, couldnt change it then, had to drive it home n get a breaker bar on the end to get em off.

Ohh also got a new LED festoon bulb from jaycar, its sick, nice pure white light soo much beter 2 see with at night the front map reading lights look soo gay compared to the new white leds, gotta find sum to change those over to led now.

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
Aww how nice is that white, its like soo soo white, its beautiful.

I wish mine was in as good a nic as that.

The inters looks sweet too.

Factory sunroof omg, i want it, how abouts we swaps eh

haha thanks dude, i saved for yonks to get her so i dont think ill be gettin rid of it any time soon lol ill happily swap clusters tho, yours look f***in mental!!!! :thumbsup: and your extra power too...i need some of that lol

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Well sum bad news for me, looks as tho my head gasket is goin to go.

Got the dreaded Bubbles thru me rad, soo she's suckin in air sumwhere.

Been loosing a bit of water, over flow bottle a day.

I do have a odd spray leak from my water pump tho, its leavin a spray on my HB, DFI and sum drippin down the block onto my oil filter.

Sooo SOoooo hope its just the pump sprayin water when its hot n reving, as this morn i sat it there, disconnected the thermo, left it to get hot, then gave it a nice revin to try find where the spray is comin from, but didnt spray for me, but the residue is there.

If my head goes, spose ill just fork out for a nice new lumpy short block, hopefully i can get one with a S1 crank soo i dont have to buy a 6bolt flywheel for this 5speed

Soo couple weeks should know what the go is, hopfully its not hte head gasket n just the pump.

Not replaced the pump in the 100,000kms ive had the car for.

Any idea's on where i should look for a motor, was thinkin 4.2l stroker, but come dont make em by there webby, only the ecotechs :(

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
Tell-tale signs of blown head gasket is water in the oil, and vice versa, oil in the radiator. Dump the oil and if it is still black (if oil is old), then the head gasket is ok, if it is light brown like the colour of white coffee, that is a sign of coolant contamination.

Bubbles in the rad, maybe there is an airlock in the cooling system, fill up the rad, run the engine with the heater turned fully to hot, and bleed the air out with the little bleeder but on the thermostat housing.

Check that the radiator cap is working properly. If you have a leak, it will cause a vacumn in the cooling system as it cools and instead of sucking coolant from the overflow bottle, it is sucking air back in from the leak point, if the rad cap is not working properly.