Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Lightning

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
nah never got it fixed costs too much so i didnt get around to doing it. I could have done it on the cheap by bogging it and just painting it over but that requires too much work to

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
nah never got it fixed costs too much so i didnt get around to doing it. I could have done it on the cheap by bogging it and just painting it over but that requires too much work to

lol ok...when I "eventally" get it painted I'll look at getting it fixed

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
LightningVP said:
"IRS Suspension" there we go....Ummm I don't know :confused: How do I find out? And why you asking?
Take a photo of your diff and the general area I'll tell you if you have or not :)

LightningVP said:
How low would FE2 make it sit?
about an inch lower than it is now. FE2 are the 1 inch lower springs that the S-packs and SSs came out with.

Not 100% sure but being a V6 I think you'd need V6 FE2 springs, as the V8 ones are designed with the heavier 5L in mind.. could end up not changing your front height at all haha

Sam

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Take a photo of your diff and the general area I'll tell you if you have or not :)

about an inch lower than it is now. FE2 are the 1 inch lower springs that the S-packs and SSs came out with.

Not 100% sure but being a V6 I think you'd need V6 FE2 springs, as the V8 ones are designed with the heavier 5L in mind.. could end up not changing your front height at all haha

Sam

Will go get some now...(back of the car yeah?) where the axle joins to the back wheels?

Yeah, 1" isn't much lower...Been told to get Supers

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
img0355xn1.jpg

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
bit dirty under there mate hahahah

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
FE@ you wont need to worry about anything but if you go lower you should get an adjustable panhard rod. Looks like the exhaust has hit the panhard rod a few times already

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
FE@ you wont need to worry about anything but if you go lower you should get an adjustable panhard rod. Looks like the exhaust has hit the panhard rod a few times already

why do you say that? the dent? they are all like that, it's how they are :s