Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Spac

Burt_vn

Back in the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VG V8 5spd, 400hp 5spd soarer, vq stato
yeah, keep the vp :D

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
UPDATE:
Over the weekend... i had the blower fitted without the belt on the pulley just to see what needs to be done.... sometime this week i'm remaking one of the brackets...1 hole is in the wrong spot and the bonnet won't shut... then on the weekend i'll refit it and take measurments for one more bracket, then off she'll be to have the boost gauge put in early next week an i'll be set.... for a little while.

I also took off the rear bar and fitted 14" stockies (nufnsus)

I dropped the car off today at the exhaust joint to get extractors($20 off a mate) and cat back installed. Now while i'm waiting to get my car back from the exhaust joint i'm fixing a split in the rear bar and patching up a section that was missing from when i blew a tyre.

tonight i'm putting standard spec DBA discs and ferdo pads on the front.

Got my sound system on the weekend, probably start installing it on friday, i have a sony mp3 head unit ($187), pioneer 6in speakers for the parcel shelf ($140), pioneer 700w 2ch amp (free), pioneer v12 sub (free).

i went to JB hi-fi an bought the head unit for $187, shortly after a was in supercheap and they had the exact same unit for $320+
Bargain me thinks.
headunit.jpg
New pics up soon. Keep yas posted.

Last edited:

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
I had someone that was going to buy it they had agreed to pay $3200 and were going to give a deposit but i told them i didn't want a deposit, a couple of days later i took that stato that i had in mind for a drive but it felt slow to drive, noisy as and it felt like i was driving the titanic.

I had a look around in the car yards at some other stato's and they were all the same and pretty pricey too. It helped me realise how much i like my car... so i told them that it's nolonger for sale

Last edited:

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
I had someone that was going to buy it they had agreed to pay $3200 and were going to give a deposit but i told them i didn't want a deposit, a couple of days later i took that stato that i had in mind for a drive but it felt slow to drive, noisy as and it felt like i was driving the titanic.
did you watch out for ice burgs?

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
did you watch out for ice burgs?
Ha, yeah i managed not to hit them.

Got the exhaust done yesturday.... Some extractors i paid $20 for and a 2 1/2in cat back with a high flow cat and high flow muffler, i got a second hand tip to put on its twin 2 1/2in tips and i'm going to paint it black then weld her up.

Last night a brought out the trusty old spray gun and sprayed up a few old doors i had left over from the kingswood, and today i'm going to sand then clear coat them see how the come up, if it's good enough i'll saving to respray the vp.

My car as it stands now(not a pretty picture)

Attachments

• Angle.jpg
    Angle.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Arse.jpg
    Arse.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 227
  • side on.jpg
    side on.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 236
  • The bay.jpg
    The bay.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 219

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
The car goes alot better now thanks to the extractors and exhaust, i also gound out the headers had a crack in them, which was causing the whistle at high revs.

Got stuck into the rear bar after work today i've filled it with reo-fill, now waiting for that to dry then tomorrow i'll smooth it over with a little bog then sand/shape it to blend in with the curves and edges of the bumper.

i've taken loads of picks so i might do a how-to on it. It's actually quite simple, i'll see how it turns up if all goes well i'll do a write up on it.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Looks good! Lucky you didn't sell it.

BTW, That kingswood in the background looks real nice, if you're a fan of the Hq-Wb series holdens, then maybe you'd like to join this forum here - http://z9.invisionfree.com/Holden_HQ_WB/index.php?act=idx

It's relatively new still, but it's slowly growing. And theres about 6 other kingswood owners there! :p

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
Thanks Jacool, that kingy was my first car i loved that thing but there was so much wrong with it and i was always getting stuck on the side of the road or in car parks with a broken down car. I'm still into those cars but i won't start playing with em again until a can afford to strip one down and rebuild the thing completly.