Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Spac

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
I haven't heard it outside of the car, exept at idle, which i thinks sounds pretty good. My mates say when i take off it sounds pretty tuff, they say ya can hear the blower whining a little bit and the zorst note is pretty deep, but not dronning.

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
Ok bit of an update, i just had a bit of a shopping spree i bought a blow off valve, and an intercooler for the vp, the cooler is 500x230x65 with 2.5 inch inlet and outlet, should be enough for me. also got the VS S/C cai and a K&N panel filter. now i've just gotta the bigger injectors, then decide if i'm gonna run 10 psi pulley or 6psi pulley? not sure how the motors gonna hack if i 10psi? then i'll have to get a tune for it then i'll be all set to attack me car with all the goodies... can't wait

hsvtj

now cruising..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon, VS Statesman 5.0
looks awsome mate,
just wondering how you went with all the supercharger setup, and if you would recommend it to a fellow VN/VP driver for a bit extra power. ive looked at it before, but wanted to talk to ppl who've had it done.
keep us updated on the PSI upgrde as well, would be interested in knowing how the car and engine handles it all

cheers

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
I really liked that car when it was stock, its quite messy now. I really dislike what you done inside, the blower is good, but needs a clean up. The tinted lights don't look that crash hot either. I'm kinda bumped with the appearance with this car now, I loved it.

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
looks awsome mate,
just wondering how you went with all the supercharger setup, and if you would recommend it to a fellow VN/VP driver for a bit extra power. ive looked at it before, but wanted to talk to ppl who've had it done.
keep us updated on the PSI upgrde as well, would be interested in knowing how the car and engine handles it all

cheers

Depending on how much you pay, i wouldn't recomend it if you paying $1800 from CRS, but if you can do it cheap like stocky an my setup then i'd recomend it, you can definatly feel the power increase but i couldn't justify $1800 for the power gained, i've looked into it and for uner $1800 my car will be running 10psi intercooler, larger injectors and tuned... hopefuly all this will happen in the next 2 weeks, just waiting for my cooler.

Mack the engine bay is messy in the photo cause i was only just getting it setup with the S/C but once i get it running on to psi(next 2 weeks) i will clean it all up an make it look neat.

And i know what you mean bout the interior too, i'm a bit over it now, but while my licence is gone i'm putting leather seats in and a few other changes inside to bring her back up to scratch.

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
Hey guys, been a while since i've made an update so here goes.
Had a few problems with it lately first the 02 sensor stuffed up. Also had e few random break downs then the car wouldn't start back up for 5 min. Then i was having trouble with it back fireing under load so i changed the plugs and leads but no cigar, turned out to be a blocked fuel filter and dodgy pump, so friday night i cleaned out the tank and put a walbro hi-flow fuel pump.

Then on saturday i made up some new brackets for the supercharger and bolted it all up and put on my 70 mm throttle body. Restet the computer and had her idling sweet for 2 minutes, was about to take her for a spin but as i was packin away a few tools i just started to cough and sputter and the revs were going up and down then it just stalled. It hasn't started back up since. Did a few checks and i'm guessing it the CAS, cos i'm getting no spark at all, and i hear that when a CAS is on the way out you'll get that random stalling problem, so currently my car is sitting at the mechics waiting to get fixed tommorow.

Got a 2 bar map sensor and rising rate fuel pressure reg $300 all up delivered to my door.
Now i've gotta sort out where to get a tune, sort out what injectors i need and save for the pulley then i'll be set till christmas time.

The car is also looking very poor ATM after a few carpark incidents, none of which were my fault. One guy reversed out of his space straight into the drivers door, left a small dent and a few scratches and some paint.
The other one i have no clue what happened but my car was parked for about 4 hours in the city, then when i was leavin as i turned the wheel left i heard a BAD scrubbing noise, so i jumped out to see what was up and the bottom of the left guard right near the door was all bent in.

I've straightened out the dent on the left gaurd so it won't scrub and i'll get it fixed when she goes in to have the drivers door done, just waiting on the other dudes insurance to pull their finhers put of their asses.

Also did a few g-tech runs the other night and ran 0-60mph 7.59 with wheel spin and light take off, all the other runs were between 7.9-8.1.
Traction was a major issue, i had the 17's on the back with thrashed rubbers on them and i wasn't able to give more than 3/4 throttle till i was over about 30km'h. This was with only extractors, 2 1/2 inch cat back, 3.7 diff gears and spool. Boot had 12" sub 2 amps, skateboard, orange gun, spare wheel, standard jack, and a trolley jack(about 10kg) and the back seat had a small tool box, overalls and boots, welding shield and the supercharger on the passger floor.

EDIT: also forgot to add that i now have VT front brakes on her and now she pulls up awesome, next i'm gonna add some slotted rotors and looking into chaning the master cylinder or something but that wont be for a while.

Last edited:

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
Long time no update an really this one isnt a good one.

Just after the new year i blew up the charger. Some how the oil sump **** its self, bearing seized up which then caused one of the shafts in the middle to bend/twist.
I'm still on the hunt for a replace ment but not having much luck with it.

About 3 nights after the charger blew i get a new pb on the gtech i managed a 7.38(down from a lucky 7.59) backed up by several low 7.4 runs, with 17" rims, 12" sub, 1 amp and 15" spare in the boot. Pretty wrapped with the time will be good to see what i'll be able to pull once i the blower back on.

I've also removed the side strips, leaving behind much glue and lots of lost paint underneath the strips. And now i'm lacking motorvation to fix it as i really miss the supercharger, but i must say that once i get another charger things will move along quickly to get her going along with probably 8 psi.

if any one has a crs or sc14 charger or knows where in vic i should look for one please let me know.

Cheers steve.