Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Wagon

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
MarzVP said:
nah my husbands mate is a panel beater reckons can get it done for around 200. At least it came with a nice stereo, alpine found the remote for it last week. All the wiring in place for an amp just gotta buy one and some speakers for the rear.
It all takes time,only had my ss for 3months and coming along well im really not sure what else i should do http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=13822 There is a poll in dat thread so i can kinda get an idea what else is next on the long list he he

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
I have taken some more photos. I just cleaned up the inside and gave a good vacuum. Need to decide what colour for interior has to be some blue in there but i dont want to go over board.

Attachments

• 000_0732.JPG
    000_0732.JPG
    605 KB · Views: 317
  • 000_0722.jpg
    000_0722.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 000_0723.jpg
    000_0723.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 293
  • 000_0728.jpg
    000_0728.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 272
D

DIXIE

tint the windows, it'll look tuff as... go a little bit darker than the darkest legal tint, thats what me and all my mates have done, and the cops cant tell cause theyve got no way of measuring it ;)

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
I have allready tinted the windows. Was the first thing I did.

D

DIXIE

oh yeah... im blind, you see.

i recon u should lower it as low as you can (within reason) and chuck some VX GTS 19's on it... after a respray, it'll be sex on wheels

R

rattattack1313

nice looking wagon , MarzVP....... there is a thread somewhere in the forum here on putting the roof lining back ...or a total replace jobbie....damn kids can be annoying at times..I had 2 of the little demons...it's getting towards their turn now....lol..( payback time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)...looool....a coat of paint...a clean-up in th eengine bay......very nice car.....rear speakers are not a hassle to install either.....just a matter of hiding the wires along under the plastic strips in the bottom of the dooorways.......

Banno

A Ute is your destinty...
Reaction score
Website
shanebannisterphotography.com
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
DIXIE said:
tint the windows, it'll look tuff as... go a little bit darker than the darkest legal tint, thats what me and all my mates have done, and the cops cant tell cause theyve got no way of measuring it ;)

I'd have to disagree with you there... They have a light meter (mostly the highway patrol or defect crew) that they measure it with. They wind your window down a bit and measure the amount of light coming through. I almost got done for it in Robe last year.

BUT if you do get pulled over for it and they try and defect you for it then just pull the front two tints off, then they cant defect you for it cos it's not on there :D Trust me my cousins been tinting for 18 years

As for the mods...

Just lower it a coulpe of inches, get a nice set of rims & it'll be a new car :)

Good luck & keep us posted

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Nice how much are the wheels?

DRAGONKZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
L98 VS Caprice Wagon + LS1 VZ Calais
MarzVP said:
Nice how much are the wheels?

New ones are around $5-6k

In terms of 2nd hand, ranges from $2500-4000 depending on condition of rims, and if they come with tyres...etc.

Not exactly a "cheap" rim :coolpimp:

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
no i dont think so especially when it is a third of my yearly income