Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
-Built not Brought-
-VR Commodore Executive 1994 Automatic-​

My names Dave and this is my 94' Commy.

Bought Stock as a rock minus the 19" mags and a cat to tail pipe exhaust (standard tailpipe)...(Had the 19s with standard height was such a 4wd)
Originally I HATED the mags but they quickly grew on me on this model commodore. I wanted to put ROH Modena 5 Spoke wheels black with machine polished lip but another white vr had them getting around town and didn't wanna copy him :p

Mods:
K&N Panel Air Filter
Steering wheel + Boss kit
King springs - Ultra low rear suspension
King springs - Super low front suspension
New Slotted front Rotors (+ Heavy duty pads)
Adjustable panard rod
New Tail pipe
De-badged
Tinted windows (darkest legal)
tinted taillights
Shift kitted Auto (w/ v8 internals etc)
Hi stall torque converter (2500-3000)
Reconditioned Engine
External Auto Cooler (universal PWR)
5Litre Cold air induction
HID bulbs
10MM Top Gun ignition leads
High Flow Catalytic Converter (Knocked it all out and Welded a piece of pipe through it)
Chrome Nostril Grills
Alpine Head unit
Eclipse Tweeters
Eclipse Sub Speakers
GP Octane R 9.0:5 5 channel AMP
12” Rockford fosgate Sub
Ported Sub box to suit 12” sub for commodore.
Painted black interior (done properly not rough. Scotch brite pads, primer etc)
Blue LED Dash lights
Oil pressure, Volts meter, Water Temp Gauges in the center space
Limited Slip Diff with 3.7 Ratio Diff gears
Memcal Tune
Lukey Performance Extractors
Nolathane Strut Brace
(possibly more just can't think of anymore)

I bought it when I was a 1st year apprentice mechanic and quickly got to doing the things I could manage from what I knew. I have learnt a lot from this car and have no regrets even tho I spent WAY to much money on the old girl..
Few years later (half way through 3rd year now) i've basically replaced/ fixed almost everything on the car.. From universal joints and suspension to engine, gearbox and diff.
Its Exhaust has an extremely Rare Note (not just another idiot saying its rare with some catback) with the 3 Grand Hi Stall Torque converter and custom exhaust with the "Hi-Flow Cat" ;) ;) this car turns heads and sounds pretty mint just cruising and when given some.
I take it to Banaraby Raceway every test and tune I'm not busy or slack. Go for a few time runs then just skid the stockies. It averages about a 15.4 - 15.6 depending on how good the auto wants to shift.. I think it has potential of getting in the 14's IF the auto decides to play the game on the night. Ocasionally it just doesn't wanna shift into 3rd when racing only at banaraby... extremely annoying but oh well doesn't effect general driving.

Runs out of legs at the high speeds but is a weapon 3/4 Track haha. (Around town 0-80 absolute machine). Its Hi Stall helps me Stall it right up and launch hard. Its got really great up and go for a dirty old v6 commodore :D I've extremely proud of my commodore's output for a standard engine. I've beaten WRX, R32 Turbo Skyline and a few 5L Commodores (commys had exhaust, diff gears and tune) on the 1/4 mile track and have the time sheets to go with the wins. Vsing a VZ SV6 Ute it got a 16.5 and a VX executive got a 16.9 so i'm pretty happy with my VRs times :D

What does everyone think?

1024 x 768.jpguse2.jpguse.jpgPhoto262.jpgPhoto044.jpgLow ass end.jpglights.JPGdash.JPGat james2.jpgat james.jpgat biancas.jpg578704_10151507273565589_2026263665_n.jpg481941_457258531010248_1853950798_n.jpg215818_457258581010243_1896587938_n.jpgvr & clubby2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnrSsgS_JXk

Last edited by a moderator:

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Nice ride mate but thread needs to be moved to the my ride section.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
What he said ^^^^

I see what you meant about the wheels, I'm not a fan but if it's just a bit of fun this car then they'll do.

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
i like it very clean vr. is it distracting having the strips out of the instrumental cluster?alowing so much light through.

Yeah sometimes, if you sit sorta leaning on the center console with 1 arm on a long trip it gets a bit draining on the eyes. Other then that its pretty good. around town you don't notice at all. mostly on highways you can tell that extra bit of light is shining.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
nice man, i got a vs ute all bolt on mods, stage 2 shift kit, lsd, performance memcal tidied up with new engine that had 130xxx i ran a 15.3 - 15.4 with under half a tank of fuel, i got some vids on my link taking down a r32 and 5l vx i think it was

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
nice man, i got a vs ute all bolt on mods, stage 2 shift kit, lsd, performance memcal tidied up with new engine that had 130xxx i ran a 15.3 - 15.4 with under half a tank of fuel, i got some vids on my link taking down a r32 and 5l vx i think it was

Awesome as. I almost regret not doing it to a VS Ecotech.. they just have that little more grunt but oh well. didn't plan on doing it at all when i first bought the car. my engine only has roughly 30k on it, doing 15.4's with about half a tank of fuel and no sub box etc in the boot.
After checking out your ute you've encouraged me to add a view drag vids. maybe 1 or 2 ;).

Last edited: