Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
oh no you didn't
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=706664&d=1371189383

I don't mind the colour but I have a mate who has a BA falcon which is pretty much the same colour.

also good to see the altezzas are gone.
Haha don't mind him.. he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Really? Is it factory colour? if so.. could you get a picture? My brother took my fuel lid cap into a paint store and thought it had ford shapes of purple in it... :S
Yeah, worst things ever...

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
yeah it's a factory colour, it's a XR6 falcon. it's not exactly the same, maybe a little darker. I don't have a picture of it though.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
yeah it's a factory colour, it's a XR6 falcon. it's not exactly the same, maybe a little darker. I don't have a picture of it though.

d767602630014_d-Resized320x240.jpg
something like that, hey? I can see it a little..

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
So theres no super dooper exciting updates. Sorry
much-disappoint-2.png

But a few things I've done..

This happened:
IMG_2698[1].jpg
Found some oil particles/sludge in my radiator, Replaced my Inlet Manifold Gaskets, didn't honestly look to bad. I also had a O-Ring in the Gasket Kit which I don't know where it went.. is my motor going to self destruct now? :S

While I had the coolant dumped, decided to paint my Radiator BLAAACCCKK
IMG_2701[1].jpg

Had my Exhaust tip trimmed back, been meaning to do it for ages! Was sitting out almost further than a towbar
Retrimmed my Rooflining, another thing that's been on the back on my mind. Ending up getting a 2m roll on foamed back fabric off the Interwebs for $40! Bit scared I didn't properly glue it thou. but am Happy now, wish I went black thou.

Now, Something I thought might make the car a bit more fun.. I bought myself a Corvette Servo.
Had some fun installing it, Midway through I ended up losing a retaining clip for the pin. Ended up buying a complete trans with no reverse just for a clip the size of a 5 cent piece, after that went straight in. Followed the install with a Trans Service. made a bit of a mess on the driveway aswell.
After getting it back together, was a bit disappointed.. They said firm shifts.. not neck breaking, quite uncomfortable.
Also have had error codes log since, "Trans Slipping, and TCC PWM Solenoid Fault"

Been unsure what the go was, decided to reroute how my Trans Cooler was working.
I had it Trans > Radiator > Trans Cooler > Trans or whatever, had it to help warm the Transmission in the morning, but I've decided to bypass the radiator now. Took it for a drive today, and it feels so much better to drive. 1-2 isn't so uncomfortable and honestly it feels so much more responsive.
I'm thinking either, I had the Hoses plumbed the wrong way or the Radiator was restricting the flow..

It's also over due for Engine Mounts, Going to have a XR8 buldge soon enough..

Also been working on a little feature, mates been the main mastermind behind it;
Heres a Video..

That's all!

Attachments

• IMG_2753[1].jpg
    IMG_2753[1].jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_2749[1].jpg
    IMG_2749[1].jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Have a free photo:
10449512_297855637080532_5204057678888526619_n_zpsb9ea1ad6.jpg

Soo, car is still the same old thing. Got a chrome trim all round.
Also fitted VY indicator and wiper stalks, nice little touch. and the VS steering wheel, plan to use a VT airbag cover in the future..

Bought myself a VS 9C1 write off for parts,
Scored a bunch of goodies.
Good working LSD.
Motor and Trans (motor sounds good atleast)
Long range fuel tank.
Shockers that were better than mine.
Factory tweeters and other random bits and pieces.

Oooh and a set of VZ SS mags, not sure if I like them or not. :S

So I learnt how to remove motor from car.. woo learning and with the removal of the motor... the VR will soon see a Ecotec transplant. :D

Last edited: