Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VR V6 remote mount turbo

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Awesome VR mate. Nice work on the turbo set up. I have always wondered though, how does the filter hold up being out in the elements like that? Basically with water and stuff getting sucked into it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Commodore remote turbo
Yeah thats a bit tricky i made a sheild for it havent put it on as yet i saying that still needs to be cleaned very often. i am going underbonnet later this year early next but just wanted to have a little fun :driving:

makz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S3 3.8 V6
that looks sweet!!

BLSTIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais EFI
well, I'm liking this. What turbo did you use and when are you getting on boost? Can you stall it up and get on boost?

And have you run down the 1/4 yet?

I'm thinking of doing this to a VT V6...

TrackT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Hey guys, I am running a VN 3.8ltr V6 in my 27 track roadster and had no room for engine bay turbo so also found the rear mount turbo system idea at STS. Originally bought big RX7 turbo but couldn't get any boost out of it so bought a clone GT3540 turbo. Had hassles with Micro squirt ECU bought new then had an electronics whizz spend 40 hours troubleshoot why it wouldn't work. Turned out to be a condenser on the board had been installed wrong way round. NZ agent useless for support. Car in the shop now getting new turbo fitted, then nitrous (100HP wet kit) BA Falcon injectors (straight swap but flow 50% better than stock), and water injection as no room for intercooler.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
The BA injectors are quite useless unless you lift the rail pressure to 4 Bar, even then they arent much of a option for a boosted engine

You need some sweet 42lb BOSCH injectors and build the game up from there, otherwise headaches of not enough injector will be be present from 240rwkw onwards