Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS Acclaim

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hey mate. Na it's painted. I got some acrylic mixed up at the local paint store in my colour, cost about 55 for a half a litre tin which was almost enough to do my ss skirts as well. Then masked it all off, plastic primed it and sprayed it myself. It does look awesome I will admit lol, but I stuffed up with the clear coat and a little section has blistered a bit. It's hardly noticeable, I'll fix it when I get some spare time one day.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
looking very tidy.

that stato dash looks really smooth and like it should have always been there =P

keep up the good work.
and keep us all posted on the updates =P

actfst

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 Gen3 VT SS (MR SS)
awesome job with the car it looks mint, love the vy window switches gave me an idea :), i reckon cover up the cigarette lighter hole if you dont use it

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Well, a few weeks ago, i noticed a ticking noise, turned out one of the studs that holds the extractors on had snapped off in the head, and there was a gap between the extractors and head, and some exhaust gas was escaping and making the ticking. So we took the extractor off and got a right angled drill chuck to try drill the stud and then get and easy out on to it, but of course it was high tensile! so got a different drill bit, and finally got a hole started, but because the aircon compressor was in the way, the hole ended up off centre. So after a lot of thinking and fighting with dad, we decided to unbolt the engine, jack it up in the car with everything still attached, take the aircon compressor off and try drill the stud out, but we couldn't get a hole started in the centre. next idea was to get an old exhaust manifold off of a vs, make a template of all the bolt holes on a bit of flat, and make the hole for the broken stud the size of the drill bit so it would drill in the centre of the stud. Luckily this finally worked. so after we got a hole in there, we used a reverse drill bit and after about 10 minutes of drilling in reverse it just popped out.
whilst we had it all off we noticed that where the exhaust was blowing out, it was right on to the bottom radiator hose, so a new one of them. also we noticed the water pump was about to let go, so a new one of them as well. also we found that 2 of the idler pulleys had crook bearings, so replaced them.
So what should have been a 2 minute job just to screw a new stud in, worked out to take about 10 hours. But it didn't end there. After driving it around for a bit, it was starting to miss and play up. This turned out to be the coil, which also had the exhaust blowing on to it, but luckily that was an easy fix. A whole lot of ####ing around, for one little stud :/

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Looks great man, love the iced coffee holders and lights. How'd you do that?

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
fair bit of stuffing around, they are electrical junction boxes, cut the bottoms off and poured resin in there with led's in it. glued them in sanded and painted it.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Nice ride…. the color is awesome not one you see everyday on a commodore. how much stuffing around was it putting the stato dash in?? i plan on doing it to mine.

kory

xXHolden4LifeXx
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5 speed spak
nice clean commodore mate.dam that interior looks awesome.big job i bet.would love to do this to me ute,or just replace the crappy dash.but i reckon id just #### it up.10/10 for the interior .top job.