Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS Commodore Plan of attack

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
10mm top guns are wank leads.. better off going for 8mm copper core.. but u have to be careful. coz some of the copper core leads are just ****

B

blofly

I would have thought with the MSD coils and the increased spark you would NEED 10mm leads to insulate it from any metal surface it may come into contact with, although I have seen an ugly but effective set up using 3/4 copper pipe insulation over 8mm leads before it did a great job at keep in the lead insulated and cool!

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
10mm top gun leads would be fine and most effective, the leads themself dont produce power however they help you cars other mods perform better, therefore most people think they are cr/\p because they fitted them and nothing happend, you need to use them with a good set of plugs and other mods to see the difference.

for eg.
a stock engine with 10mm leads will only improve slightly
a supercharged engine with 10mm leads will improve drematically compared to a supercharged engine with 8mm leads.

catch my drift.

therefore when someone says 10mm leads are cr/\p and do nothing just laugh at them coz they dont know what they're talking about.