Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My vs heater not working plz help

Blue vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Can someone help me my heater does not work and I have replace the heater tap and the thermostat to and flash out the coolin system as well and the heater pips are warm I don't know what to do now

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Blower Fan working or not?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The heater tap is vacuum operated. Did you remember to reconnect the vacuum hose?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Check the vacuum valve is operating and not stuck. (standard heater and not climate control?)
Look under from the drivers side, you should see a white part that moves when you turn the control from cold -> hot, there's a small black piece with 2 vac hoses connected to it, does it move in/out as the white part contacts it?

1994vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Executive
when you turn the selector switch for where the air comes out of, does it make a sucking noise?? if not the vacuum switch has probably died. maybe your heater core needs a flush. the heater tap could be dead or dying.

plattattak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
I’ve just got the heater going on my VS. There were numerous issues mainly due to past owners attempting the repair.
The vacuum hose had come off the back of the engine.
The vacuum hose was off from behind the radio.
The heater core was blocked.
Take the hose off at the vacuum switch in the engine bay and connect a garden hose to one pipe. Flush it through until the water runs clear. Repeat the other way.
Hope this helps.