Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS III Maloo

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Awesome project. All in good time.

Once you do get started, a thread in the project section will be a must.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
U can fit 245s on the front, they just clear the shocks, saying that I am running 235s as wanted no scrubbing after my mate spent three months on the pain n panel work.
Hundred percent agree the altered fronts look so much better. Prob the only car that looks more factory than originals!!
ec96cad2-50e3-4a07-b9de-a66692f219cd_zpsec432bfc.jpg

Gilly91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Yeah mine is fairly low at the front and I could see it ripping the guards to pieces with any wider tyres than I have haha.

That's a nice VS mate. I've had a good trawl of your thread on it a while back haha. Good example of the altezza lights too...it was hard finding a good picture of the front of a VS with them installed when I was looking to see if I should get them.

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Nice ute, loving the looks of it and them wheels are awesome.
I do however think it needs something on the back like a bodykit or something.
It just doesnt look right with the front bumper, side skirts and then a normal looking back.
but dont get me wrong it still looks great, the tailgate sets it off nicely :)

Gilly91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Thanks mate. Yeah I used to think that as well because I had a V6 VS ute before this with a full aftermarket kit on it including a rear bumper. This is the original body kit the VS Maloo came out with though and it has definitely grown on me. It looks nice and fat from behind especially when it's parked on the grass. I should try to get a photo of it.
I think putting a non-factory rear bumper would kind of just add a bit of rice factor more than anything haha.
Cheers for the feedback though!

Last edited:

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
I thought all maloo had a one peice rear bar?

Gilly91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Nah the VS Maloo only had the little bumperettes like the standard utes. You'd think they would have put a bar on it haha but I don't mind it and I guess they were still kind of "work utes" back then more than the sports cars they are today. You'll notice the side skirts are a lot more plain than the Clubsport equivalents too.
Some people put the reproduction Clubsport style skirts and rear bar on but I don't think either of those items are factory...you can get them from Sydney Special Vehicles and that though.
Those aftermarket skirts stick out further than the tyres too and I think cars always look toughest when the tyres are in line with the extremities of the car's width.

Gilly91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Hi guys just a quick question. Allow me to explain my problem:
I know the 304 is a fairly old motor, and especially mine when it's done 275xxx kms. However still I think it should have more power than I am experiencing. I've noticed it since I've had the ute.
The problem is the throttle seems unresponsive and there is very little power anywhere under 3000rpm. Well not very little, but not really throw-you-back-in-the-seat stuff. My old VS V6 ecotec seemed to be very snappy and would spin the tyres in 2nd around most corners if you stabbed it; granted it did have an open diff and it would run out of power after a few gears but the Maloo is a lot more reluctant to go when you put the foot down.
One thing I've noticed is there is a fairly decent dint in the bottom of the extractors where the previous owner has obviously hit something. Would this restriction in exhaust diameter have anything to do with this? I know it wouldn't help the power but haven't thought of it that much. Is there anything else I should check or is it simply the same old "plugs, leads, clean sensors, replace injectors and fuel pump etc etc."? I've heard you can restrict the return fuel line to build fuel pressure to see if your pressure is low and hence the fuel pump is on its last legs.
Any ideas and suggestions would be good.
Cheers!

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I wouldn't worry about the dent too much. But it may be worth checking for blocked cats if your ute runs them.
That would make it a bit flatter than usual everywhere in the rpm range.

Nice Ute though

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive and vs s3 ute
I'd be looking at your cats as well, my Ute was a slug before realising the cats were blocked, once gutted all was sweet.