Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS V6 has poxy fuel economy!!!

Fitzy3VSVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive, VY Executive and VE SS-V
Hey ppl I have a VS V6 (3.8L Ecotec) and I have really bad fuel economy like I only get about 400kms to a tank, is that normal?, if not what is rong with it???
can anyone help me with this problem or tell me what I can do to fix this problem,

Thanx Heapz...

Crabito

Reaction score
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Members Ride
VE SS 2009 V8
Well I got a VS 1997 esteem V6 ecotec and I get 400km out of a full tank
its got pacemaker extractors , power chip , cold air intake ect
but I drive it like I stole it
so yea I reckon thats right

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
i get 330km per tank.

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
lol, I get about 300-350kms a tank... I wish I could get 400kms out of my tank!! (Not Possible how I drive!):driving:

J

Joes_meat

Does it blow smoke? Does it lose water? How many km's has it done? Does the transmission slip? Do you have a lead foot? What type of driving do you predominantly do (city, highway etc)? Does it take a very long time to warm up? At what temperature does it normally sit on the gague? Does it idle rough? Has it lost power (for reference, it should go at least as well as your VY, possibly slightly quicker)? Does it drive well when warm? Does it drive well when cold? Does the transmission kick-down and shift up properly? Does it sit in the appropriate gear? Have you ever replaced the Oxygen Sensors? When was it serviced last? When was the last time the (leads, air filter, oil, spark plugs) were changed?

Need a bit more info mate.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
350 - 400 in the ute bit more if you granny foot keep the tarp on and do long distance driving

300 ish in the sedan a tad more if your lucky but more likely less lol (was getting 180 to a tank when we bough it)

pandacav

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 3.8 manual
i get 380 in the city but like 520-550 in the country. So year sounds about right if your doing stop start driving.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
450ks in city, 550-590ks highway....sometimes 400k's in city if I push.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
around 500 in town, extractors, 2 1/2 " exhaust, chip, cai and k&n (you cant call wer ei live a town though :p damn hervey bay)
check your computer, you may have oxy sensor issues, or just miote need a service

Fitzy3VSVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive, VY Executive and VE SS-V
Yea thanx heapz pplz ill suss out all what u guys have said and yea im gonna be doin a bit of engine work and exhaust n extractors, n k&n filter with SS induction kit.

Thanx...