Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vt executive

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
nrma wrote my car off yesterday.. and took it to the auctions.. without letting me know until today.. when i rang them today to see if anyone had looked at my car [even though i specifically told them i wanted to talk to the assessment guy after he looked at the car as i didnt want to let it go]

its now home, i canceled my nrma claim and told them to shove it.. which means its no longer a write off... and i will be recieving some money off the other guys insurance as he was at fault... [hopefully more than $3000]

finally got some pics of the poor old girl, haha does it really look like an UNREPAIRABLE WRITE OFF????

IMGP3820.jpg

IMGP3824.jpg

IMGP3825.jpg

IMGP3832.jpg

IMGP3835.jpg

IMGP3836.jpg

IMGP3837.jpg

IMGP3840.jpg

IMGP3841.jpg

IMGP3851.jpg

will write up some more when i get back from work..

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
hopefully i get a few grand so i can fix it back up and start doing some more things to it =D

black 20"s.. red walls.. new red and black leather steering wheel [and disable the air-bag or something lol].. paint the bonnet.. black mesh in the grilles and bonnet scoops.. paint the dash and other interior bits.. paint my skirts the same colour as the car.. maybe some new shocks or something.. lol maybe.

might try and fix whatever is stopping the bonnet from closing later on today and take it to a panel beater down the road who has heaps of experience... and just get a quote, maybe take it to two places and then show aami the quotes and then hopefully i get some money to fix it yeah? lol i have no idea with this stuff :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

cos the other guy was at fault.. he wrecked my car.. i need it fixed.. simple. :thumbsup:

PORT3R

WTB: 1 money tree
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L VQ stato
cos the other guy was at fault.. he wrecked my car.. i need it fixed.. simple. :thumbsup:

Damn straight! Hope you get it all worked out soon, it would kill me to have anything like this happen to me!

Dave.

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
shame to see, wanna sell the bonnnet?LOL

and thats not a write off mate, the obdy isnt ****ed, onlythe bumper and some smallpannel work sems to be needed.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Thats a shame man i think they must have classed it as a write off coz of the air bag thats gonna cost a fair bit 2 replace and get re set, think they r about 2500?? ask slickholden (darrel) he did his. once u take the bumper off that should give u a better idea wat its gonna cost doesnt look 2 bad tho hope u get it up n running again.

bread

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thats a shame man i think they must have classed it as a write off coz of the air bag thats gonna cost a fair bit 2 replace and get re set, think they r about 2500?? ask slickholden (darrel) he did his. once u take the bumper off that should give u a better idea wat its gonna cost doesnt look 2 bad tho hope u get it up n running again.

no chance thats a write off, you shoulda seen mine lol, but like he said airbags are butt nuggets to replace

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8

yeah thanks mate, i rang up holden and got a price... $220 for wheel, $850 for airbag, $2-300 for laubour costs....

so i just bought a 2nd hand steering wheel off ebay with the airbag already inside for about $60... going to try and put it on myself haha.

taking it to aami tomorrow for assessment... im either gonna get market value to fix my car, or i want close to 5 grand and i wanna have a chance to strip it of parts and then they can do what they want with the car... :rip:

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
hopefuly all goes well with this mate...any ideas on whats guna happen? or what u wanna do?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Shame to hear about your ride man. I just recently wrote off my VT as well. Not a good feeling after you work so hard for something, then by a simple mistake its all gone :( The airbag compressor will need to be either replaced or regassed (not sure which) but that's the killer and that's why it cost so much. Hope the lexus got more damage then what yours did.

Keep us updated

Cheers

Mumbo