Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VT is slow off the mark compared to another stock VT any ideas ?

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
If you are looking for a little more power have a look at some of the MACE products, also a exhaust and decent air filter.

JakeysVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT Clubsport R8
ahhh yeaah i think premium unleaded ? hey 2DIE it has got a 2.5" muffler system with high flow cat and a pod filter

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
depending how much you want to spend, a full exhaust system will really open it up.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Good to hear its now running good.If you really want to get it off the line quicker though ,you might want to look into getting lower diff gears fitted.This will help it get going quicker off the mark,but it will rev a bit higher at highway speeds though,when it comes to diff gearing,you cant have the best of both worlds unfortunately.

JakeysVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT Clubsport R8
yeaah fair enough might look into it, hey brett_jjj yeaah so glad now, yeaah thats true its got a 3.08 LSD in it if that helps ?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
yeaah fair enough might look into it, hey brett_jjj yeaah so glad now, yeaah thats true its got a 3.08 LSD in it if that helps ?

The 3.08 ratio is usually the normal commodore diff gearing,which is a fairly high ratio..A lot of blokes go down to a 3.40, 3.70 or 3.75 ratio,and with it already being an LSD its even better again.She will get good traction off the mark compared to an open wheel diff.(single spinner).I dont think it costs too much too get this done,someone else on here who has done this should be able to tell you what it costs roughly.You will also need to get the speed sensor/speedo calibration changed,otherwise the speedo and auto trans shifts will be out of whack.You can buy a speedo corrector kit to fix this,or get someone who can do memcal/ECU tunes to adjust the speed sensor ratio in the memcal/ECU settings..

JakeysVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT Clubsport R8
ok no worries, so do i get the ratios changed ? will it still be a LSD ? or do i need to buy a whole new diff ?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
They just fit a new gear set to the diff centre,theres no need to change diff housings etc,and it will still be LSD.

JakeysVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT Clubsport R8
oh ok kool might have a look into that thanks :)