Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY VT S2 Acclaim. FOR 1200 BUCKS!!!!

brocksta05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Acclaim
VT Series 2 SU55VT

Hey everyone I'd like to share the transformation and steps back that my bargain 1200 dollar 2000 model VT S2 Acclaim has had so far.

So Far the mods on the car to date are as follows:
K&N panel filter
70mm throttle body

MSD Coil packs

2 12" redback exhaust with only 1 muffler

SS bodykit (I'd just like to add its a genuine kit and paid $140 for front and rear skirts and side skirts) CHEAP!!

Monroe GT sport and King Spring suspension package Superlow. Front springs are V8 because the supplier made a mistake. But soon to be rectified.

Full nolathane camber kit (inner and outer pivots) so now full adjustable. Rear end was set up so well it only has 1.2 degrees of negative camber on the back. front has 2 degrees.

The stereo over the last few years has cost me just short of 2 grand:
Alpine headunit WITH THE ALPINE POWERPACK (highly recommended)
JVC 6" Splits in the front
Clarion 6" 2 way in back doors
Kenwood 6x9" 3 ways in parcel shelf
Sony 2 channel running the 6x9s
Option Audio monoblock running the 2x12" Kenwood subs

Professionally tinted taillight set (not the terrible "nightshades" tint job) with calais taillight harness which looks sweet

I had the car on the Dyno at SAMS mechanical next door to my work (how sweet is that!!) before any performance modifications were done so i had a starting figure. for at the time having 260000kms on the clock it made 136hp at the wheels (not much but good effort for the engines hard life)

Heres a pic of when i first bought it.
I'll upload more pics as i transfer them off my phone
New Image.JPG

Last edited:

brocksta05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Acclaim
New Image10.JPGNew Image9.JPG This is what happened about 10 months ago or so one night we were headed to the next town over and it started raining and slid out on an oily corner, fishtailed up the road, sideways along an embankment, and just as i thought we were good it layed over because it was see-sawing on a sign we took out. pushed it back over, got the sign out, dragged it off the embankment, kicked her in the guts and drove home. HOLDEN POWER!!!! :spot on::spot on:

brocksta05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Acclaim
Here is the most up to date pics i have, my 18s that i got for an absolute bargain (swapped a set of centre caps from my wrecked vs GTS wheels for them) the SS bodykit cost me $195 and i was lucky enough to get them in the same colour so a bit of cutting on the front and rear bars and i had it all fitted and on in about 3 hours. Still need to straighten out my radiator support panel a little bit more after the roo cos the front bar pops out under the headlights at the corners. bloody wildlife.
Will soon have my manifold spacer, 69mm throttle body, ported and polished AFM, headers, high flow cat, and remapped ecu to suit mods in and then we'll stick the old girl back on the dyno for another run.
Stay Tuned!!!!
New Image8.JPGNew Image7.JPGNew Image6.JPG

MrGodLyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
This looks awesome, some people might say the tail lights are too dark, but I love it... Looks awesome. Just one thing I'd do differently, I'd lose the spoiler. I reckon it'd look 10x better.. Just my 2c though aha
HOW DID YOU GET THE KIT SO CHEAP??? haha

brocksta05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Acclaim
I was gonna take the spoiler off but the car that the bootlid came off the owners must of been retarded because apart from bolting the spoiler on they also siliconed the F@#k out of it so its pretty much permanent. Which also sucks cos the clear is peeling off the spoiler so ill have to respray it on the car lol Best thing about the lights is in the day they are pretty much black but you can still see the lights perfectly. I was lucky with the kit, the local wrecker sold me the side skirts and rear extension for 60 bucks (good friend and connection) and the front extension i bought from a wrecker in sydney for 135 including freight up to me.

brocksta05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Acclaim
Very nice for the price.

Yeah was cheap, there was one downside but, it had been keyed across the bonnet and both passengers side doors. i just brush touched the key marks so they weren't as noticeable.