Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vt wagon

vtchris

Reaction score
Members Ride
series1 99 vt wagon
Fitted one of my side skirts last night and gave the rear bar a quick resray until i fix and it the new rear bar

vtchris

Reaction score
Members Ride
series1 99 vt wagon
Bit of an update ive fitted the side skirts and painted the rear bar looks alot better
More to come soon
VtWagon

VtWagon

VtWagon

D

devilly

that look's heap better :) well done :) to be perfectly honest it's not as boring anymore :) keep going with it.

vtchris

Reaction score
Members Ride
series1 99 vt wagon
Hey guys
How hard is it to do a ls1 convertion on a vt
Ive done 6cyl to v8 convetions on eb an ef falcon but not on any late model commodores

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
How hard is it?

Reasonably.

I looked into this before and found it was easier and cheaper to buy a v8.
Unless you had a smashed v8 with all the bits, the price of doing it properly would be
well over the price of a v8 in the first place.

You can get an engine and box cheap but all the small things add up, then you need to think
about the wiring side of things,brakes,driveline,cooling, rego etc... You could get one in and and get it running for cheapish,
but should you ever want to insure the car or sell it you could run into problems if not done properly.

As far as the swap goes It's just a matter of swapping parts. But in my opinion not worth the hassle.