Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VTII Calais

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Bah!! Service is going to cost me massive bucks! :cry: They said they cant even put my door handles on... and if they put the mesh on it wouldnt sit properly! Arghh.. not happy jan. Fuel gauge is a bit buggered, doesnt read how much i got properly, to fix all that up is about $500 :bang: told them to leave it for now, better hope it doesnt show full tank when its empty!! They said something about the rear breaks, thats gonna cost $500... The guy said if i wanted to get the fuel thing fixed, all together it would cost $1500 for the service... i said dont worry about the fuel thing, so i guess i can expect it to be about $1000 :cry: FOR A SERVICE :ranting: I need food to calm me down! haha. I'll post up how much later so you can all have a good laugh =( ... Also they tried to put my new door handles on... they better not have scratched my paint or my new door handles!!

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
$1045.65 :ranting: :cry: And now my antenna doesnt go all the way down, They didnt sign my service book, and they didnt even give me the complimentory wash! hahahahaha just my luck!

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
mine wont go down either!!!

grassy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
Very neat, love the woodgrain dash, was that in it when you bought it or did you fit it later? Grassy

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VT calais and series 1 VX calais have the woodgrain dashes as standard but you can always put them in afterwards, but yeah mine had it when i got it. Fills up the inteior.. makes it more 'cosy' haha

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
lpassociation said:
mine wont go down either!!!

Did you mean the antenna? The series 1 VT exec/acclaim doesnt have an electric antenna, not sure about series 2 but im sure the S1 dont. Its just mines a calais so its got all these little fancy things that stuff up and cost alot more to fix... But i still like my fancy stuff even if i dont need it haha

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
MikesVT said:
Did you mean the antenna? The series 1 VT exec/acclaim doesnt have an electric antenna, not sure about series 2 but im sure the S1 dont.
they dont? even mine has 1! nice car though mate, i like the s2 calais, sucks about that service cost, my front brakes are gonna cost me 140, so 500 seems way 2 much even for a calais...even if it does have abs, i'd ask around and see what other places charge

but yeh i do like ur car, apart from those plugs where the spoiler was taken off, i'd get that welded and painted when i could afford it

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
VKStevo said:
they dont? even mine has 1! nice car though mate, i like the s2 calais, sucks about that service cost, my front brakes are gonna cost me 140, so 500 seems way 2 much even for a calais...even if it does have abs, i'd ask around and see what other places charge

but yeh i do like ur car, apart from those plugs where the spoiler was taken off, i'd get that welded and painted when i could afford it

Thanks VKStevo:thumbsup: , Yeahh, i reckon the plugs look better than the spoiler though.. but i still dont like them! I'm looking around for someone else with the same colour so i can just swap boots, not really too keen about painting only the boot.. because the fresh paint will stand out like dogs ba... yeah those haha. For now theyre ok i guess.
And next service I'll be doing myself unless it needs something major haha.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
my car cost $75 for a minor service locally

$140 for a major, including tuning, i cant believe those guys are charging u $500 for everything they do

plus the local guys are pretty good, i havent found a fault with them and ive been 2 them twice

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
i had a friend (env5) who got his spoiler taken off his ruben red vs, that was welded up and painted and it came out like u wouldnt even know it was supposed 2 come out with a spoiler