Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VTII Calais

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Haven't seen this thread around for a while!

It's 8th birthday comes up in september :D (along with my 20th!!) - See... We were just ment to be! haha

Its coming up to a year since I've owned it. 11th of March. 10th of March is a year since I got my P's and still haven't been pulled over. I'm positive its because its a stockie and they think I'm an old man :( haha

Nothing much else to say really. Its in very bad need of some new tyres. Tread is O.K. but ALMOST unroadworthy so I really want to get some new tyres, also two of them have a leak so I'm putting air in them at least once a week.

Ermmm what else... Some n00b threw an egg at it while it was parked one night, but I went and washed that off as soon as I saw it.

And thats about it for now :D

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
stupid wanker lol
he who throws egg (or anything for that matter) at calais gets booted in nuts by all calais' owners on forum :yeah:
lol cool car, neat, classy and like mad
paying mine off still :cry: means it'll stay stock for a while yet sigh
all hail the calais :bow:

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
hey mike nice ride love the wood grain it gives the classy feel like your in a limo or some thing i reckon a set of vt calais internationals would look sweet on your beast keep up the good work :)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
^ I like the internationals too, they look mad as with my colour... But i think if im going to get mags I'm going for something a little more out there, but then again, with my whole cash scenario thing I dont think I'll be getting any... Unless theyre being given away :D haha We'll see how it goes.

And at first I wasnt so sure about the woodgrain, after having the car for about 2 days I loved it :D Everyone comments on it and touches it and stuff lol and at maccas drive throughs i can see em lookin! :p

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
After a short stay at the Eye Hospital (Eye and Ear Hospital - Melbourne), looks like my car's gonna get a bit of a rest for a couple days :p

Damn this wind!!! I've always hated the wind...... Now its personal! lol

And I was gonna go and get it all washed up nicely tomorrow :( ahh well

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Need people opinions.... The following chop was done by Krazyboris in the 'official photochop request thread', and I gotta say, what a great job it was :D

Anyway, What do you all think... keep it how it is... Or add the extra little bit of woodgrain??? (look around the gearstick and under the radio)

8.jpg
woodgrainjg6-ser12-1.jpg

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
i dont mind it personally, but to some it may look overkill
what thread was that? i want my vs photoshopped lol

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its in 'the pub' section :p

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i say turn it piano black you'll get a decent buck off ebay to fund your change over aswell ive seen them woodgrain dashes go for about $500

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
I love the piano black... But I just dont think it would suit the beige colour of the rest of the interior, plus the woodgrain is something pretty different, even though its kinda common haha...

I just heard from my insurance company today :D

This year I'm now rating 5!! (woo go me) And my insurance has gone down about $700... So now I'm ONLY paying $1,600 + some change :D