Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VTII S pack :D

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Hi all, since my last car got written off, I became debt free and thought I'd just run around in a cheaper car for the time being until I can finally get in that damn V8.

Name: Kyle
Model: 1999 VT series II S Sedan
Bought: 12th of January
Colour: Blue
Engine Type: Ecotec 3.8L
Engine Mods: 2 1/2 inch catback (came with car - no idea on brand)
Kilometers: 225xxx
Brakes: Standard
Suspension: SL Front and Ultra Rear (I presume)
Wheels: 17" VT S/SS wheels
Stereo:
6.5inch CSS654 Kicker splits
6.5inch CS654 Kicker coxials in rear
Response Precision 1000WRMS Linkable Class D Subwoofer Amp
Alpine PDX-F4 Speaker amp
Kenwood touchscreen headunit

Firstly when I bought it, pretty much first thing I did within days was put the stereo in it.. Had a loud system in my Ute and I needed one in this.
Didn't get many install pictures, but since the car didn't have stock tweeters I had to make custom brackets for them.

My dodgy/neatness of the boot. It's not going to stay like that, have a ported sub box coming and i'll neaten up the wiring:

Today, it was serviced with leads/plugs/air filter/oil filter/fuel filter/Penrite oil etc and is running sweet. Needs a transmission service though, the car can't make it's mind up when to shift under high rpm.

Finally the car as it stands:

Has it's issues, but as it stands the exterior is mint, and the interior isn't too bad but has some annoying things (like the rear of the seat pockets)

Last edited:

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well little update, picked up an Alpine PDX1000.1 amp with Type X 12" subwoofer for a steal so my amp (only a week old) is up for sale in the following link:

Response Precision 1000WRMS Linkable Class D Subwoofer Amplifier | eBay

Willing to cash deal a bit lower for me to take it off ebay.

The new Alpine stuff came in a huge thick custom box too, which if anyone wants to thrown an offer down go for it. The room at the back is for an Alpine size amp, it slots in and the wires are all hidden and come out through the front. It won't fit in the VT ute (it would fit in, if it could actually get through the gap to get in there. It fits upside down which isn't ideal.

And the sub and amplifer. Currently got the amp running my Polk MM1240, which i'll be selling soon as my box for the Type X comes.

That's it from me.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Little update, the PDX1000.1 Amp and the Polk MM1240 Sub are both for sale below:

Polk 12" Inch MM1240 Subwoofer 425WRMS Like NEW | eBay

Alpine PDX 1000 1 Amplifier AMP 1000 WRMS Monoblock | eBay

Used the PDX amp and it was having too much power drawn issues, rather than change the battery and wiring to suit, put the Response amp back in, and ran the Type X sub at 600WRMS in the Polk sealed box.

It was used in the Ported box and sounded shithouse (i think shitty box design), put it in the small enclosed box and it kicks hard.

In other news i ordered a TPS sensor to see if it fixes the shifting issue i've been having.. Hope for the best

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Not really, I've upgraded audio gear and now running a 15" American Bass subwoofer in a huge box. Changed the tail shaft over last weekend as I was getting bad vibration from a front uni. Picked one up for $30! Trying to undo the bolts was a friggin mission though. So it bloody tight!

Had idle issues so I cleaned out the plenum and throttle body, changed the TPS and cleaned the Idle air sensor.. They were filthy and definitely recommend cleaning it.

So pretty much the car is running great, raised the back a bit higher also.

But I just got another issue.. The car has less power after it hits about 4000rpm it hits a wall, I was going to try coil packs then the fuel pump. I was driving to work this morning and the fuel pump was being really noisy and squeeling, but the car was running the best it ever has. So my bet is a dodgy fuel pump.

Would post pictures but I'm on my phone.