Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VU SS

vuTobySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7L LS1 2002
Hey all, just got my first V8 - also my first Holden so thought i would join up.
Not sure if this is the right place for my first post but well better then nothing.

So yea i got it about 3-4 months ago, posting my pic of it from befor i did any work to it (as i havent taken a pic of it since then :p, will do so tomorrow)

So yea its a 2002 VU 6sp manual, 5.7L LSI. Its got leather trim and seats (black and red)

Mods:
Pace-Maker headers
Dual 2.5" exhaust with high flow cats
lowered - front and back
Performance spark plugs/Eagle ignition leads
SS inductions growler CAI
and new tail lights

Future mods:
well at the moment the main things i want to get done are:
New clutch (heavy duty, the one in there is worn, working but worn)
Maf-les tune
4.11 dif
some nice 20's

Any feed back or information about other mods or stuff to do would be nice, this is my 4th car but first car that i have ever done anything to and yea just enjoying it at the moment!

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 429

Richie217

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 R8 Clubsport
Very clean looking ute mate. Are the badges Gold or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me?

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina Series 1 genesis blue
Nice Ute mate, those badges are gold :spot on: , also love the tail lights.

Good looking Ute you've got yourself.

vuTobySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7L LS1 2002
Hahaha yea, sorry forgot to mention that. Yes the badges are gold, idk some people love them some people hate them - me i love them. Like all you see is black and chrome wanted it to be a bit different.
And yea i love the tail lights as well dzach ;). They were chrome when i bought them but i bought some of that tail light tint paint, i haven't had any problems with them as i haven't painted the reflectors only the outside stuff.
GOT some new pics (washed it last night first heheh)

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 273
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

vuTobySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7L LS1 2002
Hahah yea it's been lowerd just not in that pic justing waiting for my new pics to get aprovale :D

vuTobySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7L LS1 2002
Need to take some pics during the day light but i went and put a bonnet scoop on it - reason, mostly cuss i was bored but also cuss Holden gave me this shits with the price of there manaro bonnets and i didnt feel like getting an ilegal fiberglass bonnet.
Its a funny thing, i like it but its split my friends 50/50 so will be interesting to see what people say.

vuTobySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7L LS1 2002
Well its had a fair bit more work done to it now.
Got my 4.11 diff, kicker splits, 12" sub, 20" wheels, different tail-lights, monaro style black head lights, (just bought a new bonet, liked my bonet scoop but....i like the smooth look more)
Got a heavy dutty cluch kit put in, however i still find if i have reved the car hard that my rev's dont drop somtimes....anyone have any ideas to what i need to do as it can be rather anoying!!

Eddit: will put a pick of my car with the bonet scoop on and will put some more picks on over the weeked with new bonet after i give her a clean!