Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VUII SS Ute

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Car: 2002 VUII LS1 with a 6 speed manual.

Power: 217.9RWKW

Odometer: 189,XXXkm.

Current Mods

Mechanical and Suspension
- VCM OTR with MAFless tune
- Pacemaker extractors
- A cheap custom exhaust with dual outlet
- Rebuilt 3.46:1 LSD
- Holden strut brace
- Lowered on Pedders springs and shocks (I know, we hate pedders, it was the previous owner)

Exterior
- VE Calais wheels
- VY Tail lights
- Darkest legal tint
- DBA T2 Slotted rotors, QFM pads
- Callipers painted purple

Interior
- Blue and white LED’s on the dash
- Retrimmed leather steering wheel
- Monaro dash
- Black headlining and pillars
- A crappy head unit with a decent reversing camera

Future Mods
- Retrim the centre console, shifter, surround, and handbrake
- Bring the front up 20mm, drop the rear.
- Hi flow cats and a better cat back
- Underdriven pulley
- 3.9:1 LSD.
- A cam
- Replace the clutch
- Heavy duty sway bars
- Custom plates

2epuanl.jpg

f59379.jpg

11c77df.jpg

2hy8luc.jpg

The day I got it.
2rz56p0.jpg

Last edited:

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Looks nice and straight m8. Thumbs up for removing the chev badge. You will get used to the stockish power fairly
quickly. A cam and change of diff gears will really wake her up and transform how she drives for the better. Got any interior pics? Love the colour. Have fun and enjoy..cheers

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the car spent the day at the mechanic's, and a few hundred dollars later it has new red coolant, plugs, leads and a few other things. My Mechanic was pretty happy with the car. Seems to think it has been looked after. Took it for a drive afterwards and grabbed some photos, but I'll get some better ones when I have the new wheels on it and have given it a clean. The interior is fairly stock except the head unit, and it needs a good clean as well.

Also if anyone wants to buy the wheels that are on it currently, they'll be for sale in a couple of days.

29kuzxt.jpg

1235lyx.jpg

2agiyr6.jpg

10f6y54.jpg

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
You should throw some SL or SSL springs in the rear, would give it a nicer look to compensate with the front being lowered. Really digging the colour! A hardtop would look nice, but a nice find, doesn't look like its been a work horse. How much were you chasing for the VE SS wheels? I may know someone interested.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
You should throw some SL or SSL springs in the rear, would give it a nicer look to compensate with the front being lowered. Really digging the colour! A hardtop would look nice, but a nice find, doesn't look like its been a work horse. How much were you chasing for the VE SS wheels? I may know someone interested.

Thanks. I want the drop the rear a tiny bit, but I'm actually thinking of bringing the front up a touch, just have to work out springs are in it so I can go the next size up. I don't know how people cope with lowered cars. I scrape coming into the car park no matter what I do, and there is speed humps at my local shopping centre that nearly rip the cats out when I crawl over them.

I wouldn't mind a hard lid, every now and then I look for one in my colour, but i don't mind the soft lid so I'm in now rush. i actually like the look of the sports bars and wouldn't mind a set of them.

Also I sold the wheels a little while ago.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gave the Ute a good clean and polish on the weekend. Then for a bit of a drive p some winding roads looking for a photo spot. Unfortunately there was a few dirt roads on the way. Still looks nice though. I'm hoping in the next few months I can get some tinting done and bring the front up about 2cm, as I'm sick of scraping everywhere.

2ch0poi.jpg

xVTx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Not sure how i havnt seen this thread :/ Nice pickup man, deffs drop the rear a tad though!

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, I went and bought myself a 3 window cluster out of a Calais with around 180k on it. I also got a silver surround to go with it, and a genuine piano black Monaro dash. I should be getting a tech 2 in a month, so I'll have to wait until then to fit it.

e9eomt.jpg

Also, I am thinking about swapping the wheels on my wagon with the wheels on this as I reckon they would suit better, but I'm not 100%.

29ar2vs.jpg

I feel like that because the wheels on the ute have thicker spokes they suit the larger bodied wagon better. I do intend to get VF calais wheels for the ute eventually, but at the moment they are way too dear.

28pksp.jpg