Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX Calais Turbo

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
i will be following your progress with the twins mate, im pretty impressed with your quality just spewing you put your single kit up for sale just before xmas when i have spent half my money lol..

keep us posted and keep up the good work

Thanks mate :) I have just bought a second car, a VP Calais and I am making up a turbo kit for that first. Right after that I will be doing the twin kit for the ls1's. I will keep everyone posted for sure when I start working on it

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
I havent been doing much with this thing lately. I had plans for a while to put a bigger turbo on her and after some waiting the new unit has arrived. It is a borg warner s400 rated at around 1000hp. I trial fitted the turbo today to check it fits under the bonnet. She goes in like a glove and looks tuff which is the main thing :) I have plenty to do still, make the manifold and a new dump pipe then do a new exhaust for it. Hoping to have it done by sunday. I dont know how this thing will go with the ls1 but I will find out soon

IMGP1087.jpg

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Well I had her on the dyno today. It made 416rwkw on 11psi and 432rwkw on 13psi with 900nm flywheel torque. This is with the 100% stock engine (springs only) and 100% stock trans in place still and run on premium100 fuel. I was going to use e85 next week but I feel that I will be pushing the limits of the stock engine and trans if I do. I will probably upgrade the trans and a few engine components before running e85.

S400enginebay.jpg

GenR1000432rwkw.jpg

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Nice work Shane. Bet that is more a fun drive now with the snail back on it. How is the VP going? Any power figures yet or haven't you tuned it?

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Thanks Nicky. It is a lot different to drive with the bigger turbo than the small one. It comes on boost very hard this turbo and then the tyres just give way. I love it. I havent done anything on the vp for over a month lol. I will have to pull my finger out now I have some more time up my sleeve

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Can't wait to see what the VP pulls. Might have to look into one for the V8 once it goes in, lol.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
this is the biggest sleeper i have ever seen in my life....
great work mate.

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
What a sleeper!!

Id love to see it on E85 and the new turbo :)

Keep up the good work

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Put her on the dyno today with the cheap pump E85. Made 461.3rwkw on 13.0psi. Could have pushed it alot harder but I am happy with that reading. Still on the stock engine and trans. She turns the tyres hard now :)

461rwkw.jpg