Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX Clubby rebuild

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
Finally the Clubby is in my garage. :)
I still has a list of things to do:
-Inner guard inserts
-Boot area to finish
-Bonnet insulation install
-Front inner door panels install
-Front strut bracing
-Chassis strengthening kit install
-New steering wheel
-Lowering suspension
-Compliance
-Registration
-Warrant of fitness
-The hell groom
And finally a dyno tune at Harman Brothers Racing.

;)

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
What will this be registered as in the end, as the VIN will be a VX exec I take it, the body and trim will be VX Clubsport and the engine will be a VZ(?) Clubby engine...

The rules over here in NZ are, if at least 60% of the old vehicle is in an identical shell of the same vehicle (which it is as there's no difference between my old Clubby shell and the Exec shell) it can use the same tags. Ultimately calling it the same car. Right down to the ID stamp under the drivers side seat and vin tags. I understand (as this question as been asked before) in Aussy once a car is written off it can't go through the same process as you can here.
;)

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
To legally run the LS2 motor in my VX it had to go through a NZ certification process, same as when I upgraded the brakes. Driveshaft hoops had to be installed. As I already had cert for all the mods done on the last shell and swapped them to the new shell there was no need to go throughout the Cert process again. But it does have to go through the Compliance process from where it is now. They go over the car pulling lots of it apart checking every nut and bolt. They are very anal about this process and so they should be.

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
good to see you got her home now

Cheers mate.

My flatmate having a drive (as I don't have my license back yet) last weekend. Those badlanzhpe.com cutoffs are fun. I can see us getting into trouble if we use em to much around built up areas.

[video=youtube_share;MO2GJNgOkVY]http://youtu.be/MO2GJNgOkVY[/video]

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
sounds bloody good pete, can see your flatmate loved it- a picture of concentration-lol

peteVX6L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
sounds bloody good pete, can see your flatmate loved it- a picture of concentration-lol

The video clip doesn't do the cutoffs justice really. My flatmate will be sitting in the passenger seat in another 35 days so... :yahoo:

Adding more detail to it today.

It's amazing how much a decal change things.

It's still a Exec though Airstrike. :boxing:

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
looking good-those pinky/purple calipers provide a nice break up and look good too