Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my VX Ex Copper

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
So ive almost completed a power windows conversion on the car. All the regulators are in, the front left window and the rear windows work great, but i need to do some wiring to get the right window working now, or i buy a new BCM, but an el'cheapo wiring job might be the way i go lol.

Just wondering what you guys reckon though, ive been thinking about colour coding the skirts, so painting them white and matching the rest of the car, but how about grey?

like this colour grey https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...er-lowered-dvd-otr-mafless-tune-leather.69808

been thinking it might look better but not sure how it would look with the colour of the rims though. But then painting them white might make the car look way too white and might look worse. So not sure what im gonna do there yet.

yeh color coding them white will make em look awesome.....i reckon the grey would look good too but you gotta go the calais front end aswell lol...

anyway heres the new thread to my car...lol https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/beralds-vx-berlina-wags.103061

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
hey man...howd you go wwith the electrics???

VT9C1-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 9C1
hey mate, nice ex copper u got there, i got a vt myself ex nsw cop,

just wondering with the 3 window display dash swap if it was srt8 out swap and if the 3 windows all worked as i can get one for mine with very similar kays as mine atm which is a standard vt2 dash

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
hey mate, nice ex copper u got there, i got a vt myself ex nsw cop,

just wondering with the 3 window display dash swap if it was srt8 out swap and if the 3 windows all worked as i can get one for mine with very similar kays as mine atm which is a standard vt2 dash

Hey mate, it was just a swap and worked fine except for the speedo and air bags. Speedo needs to be adjusted to your tyre size, holden can do this for you, and they also need to adjust the amount of air bags as these 3 window displays are usually from statos or caprices, meaning that it will be looking for air bags that aren't there. So i got that done as well. Apart from that everything else worked fine.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
hey man...howd you go wwith the electrics???

Hey man, still haven't finished it. All the regulators are in and everything, front left and both rear work, just i need to re-wire a wire so it doesn't go to the BCM for the drivers door to work.. or i buy a new BCM but i can't be bothered doing that. I'll get onto it eventually just been busy with work this weekend.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
just an update, finished the power windows about a month ago, works great loving it, because of the new trims being darker, the old door handles just weren't looking good next to it, so i got some chrome door handles out of a vz calais, has the black background which suits the vy door trims better. only need the chrome handbrake button now.

i painted the rear fascia around the rear passenger air vents on the center console silver to match the dash fascia, came out good but i wrecked it a bit putting it back on (those damn vents were a pain to get to stay in for some reason, got it all back together though).

i'll put some photos up when i get a chance. :)

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
just an update, finished the power windows about a month ago, works great loving it, because of the new trims being darker, the old door handles just weren't looking good next to it, so i got some chrome door handles out of a vz calais, has the black background which suits the vy door trims better. only need the chrome handbrake button now.

i painted the rear fascia around the rear passenger air vents on the center console silver to match the dash fascia, came out good but i wrecked it a bit putting it back on (those damn vents were a pain to get to stay in for some reason, got it all back together though).

i'll put some photos up when i get a chance. :)

nice man....gotta catch up soon so i can check out your ride man....sounds like its really coming along now....whats next? still gonna color code the bumpers?

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
nice man....gotta catch up soon so i can check out your ride man....sounds like its really coming along now....whats next? still gonna color code the bumpers?

yeah man for sure. i might colour code them, won't be for a while, moneys a bit tight at the moment (but that usually doesn't stop me from buying **** on impulse lol) so i'll need to wait a while before i do anything else.

still gotta repair the front bar and front left quarter, it's not really noticeable but i hate it lol.

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
your bcm would be a low the bcm that would be in a car with a 3 window odo, would be a high.. fyi my ss has a mid..

low - no power fk all lol
mid - power windows power seats etc, \
high - full power options

for the vx the tech 2 was only able to reset km's under 100km back to zero. additionally the only time the odo can be changed with tech 2 (besides previously mentioned) is on a brand new cluster which can only be programmed a one off time.
But as you said about the air bags, there will be other features the odo is trying to get inputs from but your bcm is lacking the outputs because it is a lower spec unit.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
thanks for the info alloytec. As soon as i got the cluster in i got holden to fix up the air bags, speedo (got the speedo redone for the 18s, although there would normally be no difference, for some reason it was off by 10 k's. RPM was wayy off, after 3 grand it would just keep going, past 7 grand sometimes when the car would be doing 4 - 4and a half grand), also got the police mode activated because i was way too used to having it on the old cluster, sorta needed it lol.

can't think of many other things the cluster would be trying to get information from, but everything works, and works great now :)