Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX Quicksilver S Pack!!!

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
vx looks mint mate. you've done well with it.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
loving your boot install mate, nice n clean...understated and above all still a functional boot, wish I could do something like this with mine but with an LPG tank in the boot it makes things difficult. love it mate :thumbsup:

Also just noticed...your exhaust tips seem to stick out a fair bit...could do with sitting a bit more flush if you could figure out a way to do it at all...looks a bit odd.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Looks really good mate, what are the corner sub boxes like? ive seen them around havent looked into them much, do you think they are worth getting?

MY_84_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina/VX S Pac
Cheers for the comments guys!!!!

To Delish-VY the tips don't bother me at the moment as its getting treated to custom front and rear bars by the end of this week, that have duals on the rears ;)

And whitesack07 they are actually a lot better than i thought they would be, I was worried about the sound quality they would make my subs produced but I am very happy with them, as they are a great space saver option too!!!

Oh and forgot to add the back wall comes out and a little board sits on the floor for day to day use so I can still use the centre drop down in the back seat :)

MY_84_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina/VX S Pac
Custom Parcel Shelf

Thought I'd add in a little mini How To in my build thread.
I never much liked the parcel shelf in the vx so I put grills in with 6x9 speakers in but still wasn't happy and the speakers aren't really needed if you already have 4 in the doors.
So I picked up another parcel shelf from the wreckers and decided that it would look better if it was all smoothed out, without the lines for the grills and the centre mount for a baby seat.
So here it goes;

First of all I got a hold of some stretchy fabric, as you can tell from the photo my dad is actually a car upholsterer so I have some of this gear on hand but it can be bought from any spot light store.
You will also need some spray glue, I have it fed from a gun and a compressor but you can pick up some spray can glue from your local super cheap auto that will do the job too.
Now what you want to do is stretch it over the shelf allowing it to sit raised above the lines that you want to cover up and glue it down.

DSCF0753.jpg

Then you just get your fiberglass resin and matting and cover the shelf in it, leaving it over night to dry and harden!

DSCF0752.jpg

DSCF0754.jpg

DSCF0755.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED.......

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
Hey mate where did you get ya sub boxes from? This is a sweet looking commodore :)