Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My vx ss ass346

ASS304

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve hdt retro
here is my vx ss that i have owned for a few months and slowly building it into the car i want purchased this when i sold my vs ss .i have been on the forum for a little while and thought i would up load some pics of my commodore to see what you guys think. i purchased with engine work done but was stock in engine bay

Name: Andrew
Model: VX SS
Colour: White
Bodykit: Stock SS kit
Engine Type: Ls1
Engine Mods: Alloy OTR ,Cam reciept for work says custom grind but says mid 220 range has a nice lumpy idle and upgraded valve springs and pushrods
double row timing chain and mafless tune done by sams performance
Power: 381 rwhp
Exhaust: Pacemaker 1 3/4″ Extractors hurricane 100cpi highflow cats and twin 2.5" exhaust
Gearbox: T56 with Textralia clutch (unsure but reciepts say upgraded text aust clutch and flywheel)
Diff: stock 3.46 ratio
Brakes: Slotted rotors front and rear with EBC redstuff brake pads front and rear
Suspension: Pedders springs and struts but unsure what height
Wheels/Tyres: Matt Black VE GTS rims (originals)with 245 fronts and 265 rears and red pinstripe around the edge of the rim
Interior: Black leather seats (electric)from a VZ Clubsport r8 vy ss gearknob and leather boot and vy ss pedals and foot rest
Stereo: clarion double din dvd player vibe splits in front alpine co axials in the rear 2 x 12 inch fusion powerplant subs powered by a fusion 3000 watt mono block and front and rear speakers powered by a vibe slick a3 4 channel amp but looking to upgrade to a custom box soon
Security: Upgraded alarm system
Engine Bay : billet and chrome covers for most covers and some custom made bits from LCW and some elderbrock coil covers which i stripped and polished myself and some braided lines to some engine bay hoses
Contacts: Sams performance (have reciepts for engine work+tune and clutch from him)
Body : car has just had a full bare metal respray by smeaton grange paint and panel in standard white and all badges painted in matt black to match the wheels
Future mods : detail engine bay with some more custom pieces and some more braided hose either paint manifold or change to a fast or similar i plan to add some 4.11s to the diff in next few months and install a rip shifter

Attachments

• IMG_20120922_173637-1.jpg
    IMG_20120922_173637-1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 4,523
  • IMG_20120916_090559-1.jpg
    IMG_20120916_090559-1.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 7,314
  • IMG_20120916_114933-1.jpg
    IMG_20120916_114933-1.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 6,340
  • P4228288 (1).jpg
    P4228288 (1).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 820
  • IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 819
  • P4228289 (1).jpg
    P4228289 (1).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 817

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
here is my vx ss that i have owned for a few months and slowly building it into the car i want purchased this when i sold my vs ss .i have been on the forum for a little while and thought i would up load some pics of my commodore to see what you guys think. i purchased with engine work done but was stock in engine bay

Name: Andrew
Model: VX SS
Colour: White
Bodykit: Stock SS kit
Engine Type: Ls1
Engine Mods: Alloy OTR ,Cam reciept for work says custom grind but says mid 220 range has a nice lumpy idle and upgraded valve springs and pushrods
double row timing chain and mafless tune done by sams performance
Power: 381 rwhp
Exhaust: Pacemaker 1 3/4″ Extractors hurricane 100cpi highflow cats and twin 2.5" exhaust
Gearbox: T56 with Textralia clutch (unsure but reciepts say upgraded text aust clutch and flywheel)
Diff: stock 3.46 ratio
Brakes: Slotted rotors front and rear with EBC redstuff brake pads front and rear
Suspension: Pedders springs and struts but unsure what height
Wheels/Tyres: Matt Black VE GTS rims (originals)with 245 fronts and 265 rears and red pinstripe around the edge of the rim
Interior: Black leather seats (electric)from a VZ Clubsport r8 vy ss gearknob and leather boot and vy ss pedals and foot rest
Stereo: clarion double din dvd player vibe splits in front alpine co axials in the rear 2 x 12 inch fusion powerplant subs powered by a fusion 3000 watt mono block and front and rear speakers powered by a vibe slick a3 4 channel amp but looking to upgrade to a custom box soon
Security: Upgraded alarm system
Engine Bay : billet and chrome covers for most covers and some custom made bits from LCW and some elderbrock coil covers which i stripped and polished myself and some braided lines to some engine bay hoses
Contacts: Sams performance (have reciepts for engine work+tune and clutch from him)
Body : car has just had a full bare metal respray by smeaton grange paint and panel in standard white and all badges painted in matt black to match the wheels
Future mods : detail engine bay with some more custom pieces and some more braided hose either paint manifold or change to a fast or similar i plan to add some 4.11s to the diff in next few months and install a rip shifter

Now that looks excellent (but Im bias because its very similar to mine externally HAHA). Very nice interior - very nice engine - very nice everything M8 - good buy. Do those 265 rears scrub at all??
Cheers

ASS304

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve hdt retro
yes they scrub on the inside the gaurds have been rolled and clears fine it has spacers on them that are a couple of mm but looking to put slightly bigger spacers to space it out a little but apart from scrubbing on the inside its all good

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Looks awesome mate love the engine bay, got any sound clips of exhaust with the cam ??

xVTx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
looks great, engine bay clean as hell.. lovin it!!

ASS304

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve hdt retro
thanks for the positive coments

Lazyr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
where did you get the hoses?