Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX SS has been dusted off

DarkMatter

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.baytechdesign.com.au
Members Ride
VX SS
Hi everyone just thought I would make a return to the forum as it has been many years since I have been to just commodores, and also, it has been way too long since my old girl has been out from under the car cover (5 years I think).

She has had a lot of engine work 383 stroker with huge cam, rebuilt trans, Tru-Trak and3.9 gears, Pacemaker headers with a twin 3" stainless exhaust. I still have a lot more to do; I just had some personal things happen, and I had to tuck her away for a while. I didn't expect it to be this long, and now I have more things to fix, like a cracked windshield, old stiff bushes from sitting for ages, and I am sure I will find more little things over the next few days.

I have some mini tubs, 9" diff and a four-link rear end planned for it in the next 6-9months, as well as a TH400 if I can find an old one to rebuild.

engineSmall.jpg

Attachments

• carBackInside.jpeg
    carBackInside.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 228
  • carFront.jpeg
    carFront.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 219
  • carFrontInside.jpeg
    carFrontInside.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 233
  • carFull.jpeg
    carFull.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 224

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
Look forward to watching your build !!

DarkMatter

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.baytechdesign.com.au
Members Ride
VX SS
Cheers mate, this is how long I have been away as I forgot what e-mail I used to sign up. This account was not the one I used; it must have been one I went to use then changed my e-mail, and as I was young and stupid, I suspect I didn't know how to change my e-mail in account settings, so I have now got two donating member accounts.
Oh well, I guess a new start will do me good.

DarkMatter

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.baytechdesign.com.au
Members Ride
VX SS
Quick update, more for myself so I can remember what I am doing.

I have decided to raise the old girl back to FE2 height as I am not coping well with it being so damm low.
I am trying to source new seat foam for the front seats, and then trying to decide to either get them re-trimmed in leather or the cloth it came out with.
Ordered a new front drivers side headlight as for some reason I have a brand new one on the passenger side and a old yellowed out one on the drivers side.
Replaced all the globes that where dead, wrapped all 4 rims with new tires and in the process noticed that all the rims need to be resprayed...

Next I am going to get a notepad out and go through the interior and note what trim parts I need to replace or respray/clean, replace the front windscreen and re-tint the windows and replace both middle mufflers once she is sitting back at FE2 height.

DarkMatter

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.baytechdesign.com.au
Members Ride
VX SS
I need a bit of help if anyone would like to chime in, I am looking at getting a set of Simmons FR 19's and I am having a bit of trouble deciding on what colour. White with chrome lip? black, silver or polished? I have no idea what would go with the Tiger Mica paint.
Reason I am getting new rims is that I dont wont to respray and repair all the VX GTS rims on the old girl as I have already done that once.

DarkMatter

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.baytechdesign.com.au
Members Ride
VX SS
Cheers, well I may have gone a bit overboard but I have just started realising how dirty and in need of some serious attention and love.
So I have started relocating the fuse box from the engine bay to the cabin, removing the power steering pump and replacing it with an electric one, as well as the factory coolant tank I am replacing with one from ASE, new alternator as this one has died from the leaking power steering reservoir I am guessing, and respraying/cleaning both rocker covers, headers, fast manifold and all the black plastic parts.
I have also started removing all the body kit and front guards to get rid of the dirt and sand that has built up over the years, and while the front 1/4 panels are off I am going to remove the antenna and weld up the hole and replace it with one on the rear window.

I am sure there will be lots of other bits I will do and so I will update everyone then.
image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg image2.jpeg IMG_0539.jpg

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I'm keen to see the progress, especially the electric power steering pump